Data & Visualization Analyst
The Data & Visualization Analyst uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and organizational policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
This position will provide a key role in designing and prototyping various dashboards and reports required for both routine and ad-hoc occurrences. Is expected to support quantitative and qualitative research and decision supports tools by writing and editing scripts, managing tables and patches and managing functionality and integrity of reporting and visualization solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Data Science, Data Analytics or related area and three (3) years of progressively responsible related experience or equivalent experience / training (required).
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Data Science, Data Analytics or other related field (preferred).
- Requires sound knowledge of formal data structure design, relational database design and file structure. Ability to design data structures to optimize performance for both routine and ad-hoc requests.
- Ability to perform database maintenance tasks, develop access routines and maintain dictionary. Knowledge of data administration principles and data modeling concepts.
- Thorough active listening, critical thinking and good interpersonal skills.
- Able to provide good judgment, decision-making, and problem solving.
- Strong ability to communicate with data.
- Ability to create clear, concise and compelling stories utilizing data and visualization tools.
- Ability to use data resource and productivity tools applicable.
- Ability to work with numerous software platforms, integrating various data sets.
- Requires general knowledge in data collection and analysis techniques; statistics or social science research techniques; knowledge of common organization-specific computer application programs; knowledge of organizational principles and procedures involved in handling sensitive data (for example, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, or FERPA).
The University of California, Merced, is the newest of the University of California system's 10 campuses and the first American research university built in the 21st century. With nearly 8,000 undergraduate and graduate students, UC Merced offers an environment that combines a commitment to diversity, inclusion, collaboration and professional development. With bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs, strong research and academic partnerships, and community involvement, the UC Merced campus is continually evolving and requires talented, knowledgeable and dynamic educators, researchers, management and staff.
Ranked among the best public universities in the nation by U.S. News and World Report, UC Merced is uniquely equipped to provide educational opportunities highly qualified students from the San Joaquin Valley and throughout California. The campus enjoys a special connection with nearby Yosemite National Park, is on the cutting edge of sustainability in construction and design, and supports the economic development of Merced and the region.
Liberal paid time off and affordable medical (effective Day One), free vision and dental!
Application Due Date: 2019-05-12
Job Start Date: 2019-06-03
Salary: $65000 - $75000
Institution: University of California
Reports To: Center for Institutional Excellence
Staff # Reporting to Position: 8
Reports In Office: Institutional Research and Decision Support
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.
View All Jobs by Posting Date Post a Job