• To apply for this position, submit an official IHL Application for Employment, along with the documents noted above to the following address:
Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning
Office of Human Resources
3825 Ridgewood Road
Jackson, MS 39211
Applications may also be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 601.432.6129. For more information regarding IHL, visit our web site at www.mississippi.edu/ihl
• Supports the ongoing maintenance and analysis of the IHL Board’s data warehouse.
• Updates, publishes, and disseminates a variety of print and electronic statistical publications, including a variety of Tableau visualizations.
• Conducts edits and audits of data submitted by constituent institutions to ensure the accuracy and integrity of data.
• Coordinates the collection, analysis, and dissemination of developmental and intermediate data.
• Works with various university data groups to reach consensus on data policy, database structures, data
• Accesses and queries databases to provide a variety of data to internal and external constituents.
• Maintains and creates documents for departmental website with publications and statistical data.
• Supports IPEDS data reporting and disseminates federal data reporting processes and updates.
• Performs additional duties as necessary for the effective operation of the IHL Executive Office.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, preferably in a discipline related to technology, information systems, quantitative analysis, social sciences, or the equivalent; three to five years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of formal training and experience.
• Extensive work experience in an information technology area; experience in a higher education or business environment is preferred.
• Prior experience with Oracle, SCT Banner, PeopleSoft or similar database program is preferred.
• Intermediate level skills in SQL programming with experience using SQL query software such as Toad. Position Announcement
• Intermediate level skills in Tableau data visualization software is preferred.
• Advanced web publishing experience; familiarity with Adobe InDesign publishing software is preferred.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is preferred.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills involving data analysis, including customer service, analytical thinking, active-listening and problem-solving.
Some limited travel may be required for this position.