• Coordinate the collection and dissemination of statistical analyses of relevant institutional data and key performance indicators including enrollment, retention, recruiting, marketing, and assessment
• Provide dissemination of compiled research reports and completion of external surveys including IPEDS, US News, College Board, and others
• Improve existing data collection strategies and develops new approaches and procedures for the collection and analysis of institutional data
• Perform advanced descriptive statistical analysis and data mining activities using available tools (SPSS, SAS, etc.) to interpret results and identify trends
• Develop and validate predictive models for retention and enrollment
• Develop and maintains standard operating procedures for data collection and reporting processes to ensure data integrity
• Develop and maintains comprehensive data warehouse system to house periodic reports
• Oversees annual production of Fact Book and maintenance of Common Data Set
• Uses data visualization tools to clearly provide relevant information to the institutional units, mission areas, and senior leadership
• Administers the development of policies and procedures regarding the institution's research function with the use of data
• Respond to and anticipate ad-hoc requests from within and outside the University
• Provide technical guidance and support to departments on the completion of external surveys for various agencies including support for institutional self-study, accreditation, assessment, and program review
• Assist with the administration and analysis of student, alumni, faculty, and staff surveys used to identify and improve organizational and institutional effectiveness
• Participate in conducting regular environmental scans
• Maintain currency in the knowledge and techniques of federal and state reporting requirement and the standards of Institutional Research
• Provides research support for the development of grant proposals
• Perform other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
• Master's degree in relevant discipline required.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a college or university Institutional Research office.
• Experience with applied social science research, statistical theory, quantitative and qualitative research methods highly desired.
• Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and conduct complex research and assessment projects along with expertise in the use of technology tools to assist in the collection and analysis of data and the development of custom reports.
• Ability to prepare written descriptions of data to enable users to locate, understand, and utilize relevant portions of generated reports essential.
• Familiarity with student information and administrative computing systems and knowledge of curriculum, academic policies and procedures, and the functions of the registrar's office.
• Experience with design and maintenance of web-accessible on-demand data reporting systems a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collegially with faculty and staff within the institution and with outside constituencies
• Strong skills in using enterprise information systems and software packages such as SPSS, SAS, and SQL programming. Experience in the Jenzabar operating environment would be preferred.
• Proficiency in with Microsoft office suite including strong spreadsheet preparation skills.
Human Relations Skills:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytical, critical thinking and organizational skills.
• Ability to build strong relationships with leadership, management, students, parents, faculty and staff through a consultative, collaborative and active-problem solving approach.
• Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, organize work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment.
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Excellent professional judgement.
• Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the University mission