The Executive Director of Institutional Effectiveness oversees the Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE) by providing leadership and guidance in the areas of effectiveness, institutional research, accreditation, and assessment. The Executive Director supervises the Institutional Research and Institutional Review Board (IRB) functions of the OIE. They serve as the liaison to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Is responsible for compliance monitoring, preparation of SACSCOC reaffirmation reviews, campus assessment initiatives, analysis and reporting of institutional assessment data, generation of internal and external reports. Provides analytical support across all academic and non-academic functions of the university. Plans, develops, and maintains an infrastructure for ensuring university data-based decision making. Integrates assessment methods and procedures across the university into a single, integrated framework to support decision making. Provides assistance in the development and execution of the university's strategic plan.
- Provides oversight of and vision for the Office of Institutional Effectiveness.
- Serves as the SACSCOC liaison and is the primary university official responsible for compliance monitoring, preparation of accreditation reports, and leading the university in activities required for accreditation.
- Plans, develops, and implements institutional effectiveness processes across the university.
- Assures appropriate quantitative and qualitative assessment and analysis of program effectiveness, student learning outcomes, and instructional effectiveness for continuous quality improvement.
- Manages academic and program assessment including: chairing the annual academic and administrative assessment review committees, developing and implementing training for faculty and staff, conducting program assessments, and consulting with faculty and staff as needed.
- Works with the General Education committee of the Faculty Assembly and the Assistant Vice-President of Academic Affairs to assess the quality of the general education curriculum.
- Provides leadership to staff on IRB process to ensure compliance with regulations, IRB guidelines and institutional policies.
- Oversees administration of college-wide surveys and assists in developing internal surveys needed for assessment and evaluation projects using sound principles of survey design and methodologies.
- Provides consultation and preparation of analytical reports on university functions.
- Plans and develops an infrastructure which enables data driven decision making.
- Assists the strategic planning coordinator in the development and execution of the university strategic plan.
- Represents the university in internal and external functions.
- Serves on various university-wide councils and committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of higher education accreditation liaison role, reporting requirements, and accreditation process
- Working knowledge of legal and institutional requirements related to assessment, research planning and reporting, and accreditation to ensure compliance
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and synthesize data to effectively tell a story
- Is able to understand descriptive statistical analysis and data mining activities using available tools (SPSS, SAS, etc.) to interpret results and identify trends
- Experience establishing and maintaining a university institutional effectiveness program
- Ability to train faculty and staff on assessment practices
- Strong supervisory and team building skills as well as an ability to manage multiple projects at once and provide a vision for the Office of Institutional Effectiveness
- Experience managing financial resources effectively
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate information verbally and in written form to diverse audiences
- Excellent written and documentation skills
- Ability to manage a high volume of reporting requirements and documentation in a timely and professional manner
- Knowledge and understanding of university administrative practices; understanding of operations of a multi-campus, Catholic higher education institution desirable
- Ability to represent the university effectively in a variety of community settings
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master's Degree required, Doctoral degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of administrative experience in evaluation, assessment of student learning outcomes, and/or institutional effectiveness, required.
- Experience in higher education required.
On the foundation of faith, wisdom and trust in Providence, Our Lady of the Lake University (OLLU) prepares graduates to transform their communities, families and professions.
OLLU, founded in 1895 by the Congregation of Divine Providence, is a coeducational comprehensive institution with an enrollment of more than 3,100 students. With its main residential campus in San Antonio and non-traditional programs in San Antonio, Houston (The Woodlands), the Rio Grande Valley (La Feria), and online, OLLU has a presence in two of the largest cities in Texas, the border region, and literally around the world.
The University offers more than 30 undergraduate majors and minors, 14 master's programs and two doctoral programs through its College of Arts and Sciences, School of Business and Leadership, School of Professional Studies and the Worden School of Social Service. OLLU offers classes in daytime, evening, weekend and online formats.
Employment with Our Lady of the Lake University is contingent upon the applicant undergoing a background investigation.
OLLU seeks to attract, develop and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administrators. The University is committed to diversity and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities. EOE
Our Lady of the Lake University uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.