Review of materials will begin on May 10. Applications will be accepted until an adequate pool of candidates has been established or until the position is filled.
The University of Mississippi seeks an Associate Director, Strategic Planning to develop and manage systems to facilitate strategic planning activities and initiatives. The incumbent facilitates departmental and institution-wide strategic planning activities, supports the Strategic Planning Council, suggests revisions to the University's strategic plan, and generates progress reports. This position reports to the Director of Institutional Research, Effectiveness, & Planning.
Examples of work to be performed and essential functions include:
- Develops and manages systems to facilitate strategic planning activities and initiatives.
- Identifies, creates, and maintains mechanisms to track and report strategic initiative progress.
- Prepares, interprets, and communicates complex statistical information.
- Develops and maintains benchmarks, strategic plan key performance indicators and other metrics and performance measures
- Manages institutional strategic plan website.
- Coordinates activities of the Strategic Planning Council.
- Assumes a leadership role in supporting the university’s integrated and comprehensive strategic planning process.
- Compiles, analyzes, and disseminates information on national trends in educational excellence criteria and best practices in planning and strategic issues.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations towards enhancing or improving institutional strategic plan, performance measures, and initiatives to improve effectiveness.
Minimum Qualifications and Search Information:
- An earned master’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Three years of experience related to the described duties
Founded in 1848, the University of Mississippi (UM) is Mississippi's flagship university. Included in the elite group of R1: Doctoral Universities Very High Research Activity by the Carnegie Classification, it has a long history of producing leaders in public service, academics and business. The University of Mississippi, consistently named by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a “Great College to Work For,” is located in Oxford, MS, which is ranked one of the “Top 10 Best College Towns.” With more than 24,000 students, UM is the state's largest university and is ranked among the nation's fastest-growing institutions. The University of Mississippi, which has aggressively implemented many health and wellness initiatives for its more than 2,900 employees, has consistently been named one of Mississippi’s Healthiest Workplaces.
Touted as the “Cultural Mecca of the South”, creativity abounds in Oxford as musicians, artists and writers alike find inspiration in Oxford’s rich history, small town charm and creative community. Oxford is a one-hour drive south of Memphis, TN and is known as the home of Nobel Prize winning author William Faulkner. Over the years Oxford has also been known for offering exceptional culinary experiences and as the home of the University of Mississippi and the Ole Miss Rebels. There is always something here to immerse yourself in. Oxford has also been featured as a literary and arts destination in such publications as The New York Times, Southern Living, Condé Nast Traveler, and GQ. Among other cultural activities, annual events include the Oxford Film Festival, a thriving local music scene, and the Ford Center Performing Arts Series. Oxford is a vibrant university town, filled with unique shops and galleries, eclectic restaurants and clubs, historic landmarks, and comfortable inns.