- Include a cover letter in the attached documents along with a resume or CV
- Three professional references will be requested from final candidates
Please navigate to https://jobs.uc.edu/ and search for the position Senior Analyst, Institutional Research for more details and to apply.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops reports, analyzes results, interprets, presents, and validates institutional research studies using the full spectrum of university data to provide information to senior university administration;
- Provides assistance as needed to support reporting to state and federal governments, Higher Learning Commission (HLC), external agencies and other accrediting bodies, including the U.S. Department of Education via IPEDS, Ohio Department of Education via HEI, AAUP, NCAA and US News and World Report;
- Writes complex programs against University and external databases in order to develop required/requested research and documents and maintains data/program files. Assists in the significant effort necessary to re-program existing reports, to provide the campus community with more accurate timely information;
- Works with colleges and departments to determine their needs, formulate research plan and execute the plan in order to assist the areas in the decision making process;
- Performs queries and benchmarking analyses against large national and external databases such as those from NCES and HEI;
- Prepares extensive reports, including dashboards, narratives, tables and graphs, and disseminates them in the form of reports or interactive dashboards;
- Responds to ad hoc requests and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Social Sciences or related discipline plus five (5) years’ experience in institutional research, and in data analysis, including the management of data sets and the generation of reports from relational databases.
- Master’s degree in a discipline that includes data analysis, research or scientific methods.
- Previous experience in an Institutional Research Office
- Previous financial data analysis experience
The University of Cincinnati, founded in 1819, is a premier, public, urban research university located in the heart of Cincinnati, Ohio. The university boasts a student body of over 44,000 enrolled in over 370 programs of study and is the region’s largest employer with over 10,000 faculty, staff and student workers.
The University of Cincinnati offers students a balance of educational excellence and real-world experience and embraces diversity and inclusion as core values. U.S. News & World Report has ranked UC in the Top Tier of America’s Best Colleges. Forbes, Delta Sky and Travel + Leisure magazines have named UC one of the most beautiful campuses.
Please use the following link: https://www.uc.edu/hr/benefits.html for information about the university's benefits including retirement options, health coverage, tuition remission, employee discounts, and much more.