All applications are to be submitted through the Delaware Technical Community College webpage (https://www.dtcc.edu/about/employment). Applicants will be vetted by Delaware Tech’s Human Resources Department and all applicants who meet the minimum requirements will interview with a panel of experts in various areas at the College.
An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Collects, interprets, analyzes, and reports on student data. Examples include: baseline tracking for specific programs in support of Institutional Advancement and/or Research and Analytics, enrollment tracking, statistics for campus Achievement Report, statistics for College Fact Book, etc.
2. Works with research and analytics staff to plan, design, create, and maintain databases to support enterprise applications. Serves as a subject matter expert in Oracle and SQL Server database administration. Implements and maintains security through established security procedures for reports on the report services site.
3. Serves as a report writer, including assisting management in defining report needs. Provides data extractions using external software and maintains external reporting software system set ups on network drives. Responds to requests for report changes. Develops programming specifications, tests, and debugs for ad hoc reporting.
4. Prepares charts, tables, and graphs of data for use in reports and studies.
5. Provides on-site technical guidance to system users related to Oracle applications, networks, productivity tools, and related activities.
6. Analyzes procedures and recommends changes to supervisors and/or administrators.
7. Develops and provides training for faculty and staff as needed.
8. Maintains the security and confidentiality of any proprietary or sensitive information or data in any medium regarding Delaware Tech or its students, faculty or staff. Accessing or disclosing such information or data must be deemed necessary for the performance of one’s job responsibilities and must be authorized by the employee’s supervisor.
9. Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the concepts, methods, and techniques of systems analysis including information needs analysis, requirements analysis, and design alternative analysis.
- Knowledge of Oracle databases and tools.
- Knowledge of relational databases.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Knowledge of computer programming and standard query language.
- Knowledge of general principles of statistics, management, and administrative methods.
- Knowledge of report writing techniques.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of reporting services (SSRS, Crystal Reports, etc.).
- Knowledge of College policies and procedures.
- Skill in producing accurate and user-friendly data reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to write SQL scripts to pull information from databases.
- Ability to work independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Ability to document operational policies and procedures.
- Ability to think creatively and develop creative solutions to management information systems.
- Ability to gather, interpret, and analyze data concerning a variety of issues and trends.
- Ability to assist other employees in technical and procedural activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively and relate to a diverse population in a multicultural environment.
Associate’s degree in a relevant field and four (4) years of relevant experience; or other equivalent combination of education and experience.
Basic SQL skills required, advanced preferred.
For employee benefit information, please go to: https://www.dtcc.edu/about/employment/employee-benefits.