Candidates should submit a CV/resume, cover letter, contact information for 3 professional references, and 3 samples of work that demonstrate skills in writing, data analysis, and communicating the results of research.
• Under the guidance of IR&A Director, conduct studies/analyses for campus clients to answer critical business questions and inform decision and policy making
• Conduct predictive analysis for enrollment planning and other areas as needed
• Collaborate with IR&A team members to produce regular strategic reports for university leadership.
• Assist the IR&A director in conducting market analyses/program feasibility studies for the needs of colleges and the provost’s office.
• Conduct data analysis of survey data collected and/or maintained by IR&A and report the results in written and graphical formats using appropriate tools such as Tableau, Word, and/or PowerPoint.
• Participating in IR&A reporting of institutional data to external entities including NECHE, the Integrated Post-secondary Data System (IPEDS), and the University System of New Hampshire.
• Use SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence (WebI) to query and create reports from UNH’s data warehouse to fulfill ad hoc data requests and other data and reporting needs.
• Work with members of the Enterprise Information Management (EIM) team (also part of UNH’s Center for DATA) to evaluate existing IR&A reporting and analytic processes and streamline for greater efficiency using available technologies.
• Master’s degree in social science, statistics, data analytics or related field.
• Demonstrated experience in research design, data analysis, and communicating research results in appropriate formats.
• Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau.
• High level of proficiency using Excel and statistical analysis software such as SPSS, Stata, R, or JMP.
• Training in and experience using basic and complex statistical methods including regression, and grouping methods such as cluster analysis or latent class analysis.
• Experience collecting and analyzing survey research data.
• Experience with relational data bases and SQL
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability communicate results of complex analyses in a manner understandable to lay audiences.
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new technological tools as they develop
• Collaborative work style and demonstrated ability to work across departmental lines.
• Extremely high attention to detail
• Strong commitment to superior customer service.
• Ability to work with confidential data in compliance with university data security and governance requirements.