An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity
The Research Analyst, in collaboration with a broad array of university constituents, contributes to the development and execution of all phases of institutional research projects, including design, implementation, analysis, visualization, and report preparation.
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired through completion of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2-3 years of related experience
- Experience with online survey tools, data visualization software, statistical software, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of survey best practices, research design, statistical analysis, qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to:
- Work effectively on several projects simultaneously
- Compose accurate and clearly written reports and documents
- Work independently within basic guidelines and parameters and with minimal supervision
- Gather and analyze available data and draw logical conclusions
- Establish & maintain effective collaborative working team relationships
- Engage in proactive problem solving and critical thinking/analysis
- Manage complex projects
- Meet critical deadlines
- Manage multiple assignments and priorities
- Must be detail-oriented, possess maturity in judgment, creativity, and the ability to get along with widely diverse personalities; must be able to maintain a high degree of integrity while professionally handling confidential data
- Master’s degree or higher in program evaluation, education, public health, statistics, computer science or related field
- Familiarity with higher education issues, IPEDS, assessment, and performance indicators
- Experience working with large datasets
- Experience with Tableau, Qualtrics, and/or NVIVO
Tufts is a student-centered research university dedicated to the creation and application of knowledge. We are committed to providing transformative experiences for students and faculty in an inclusive and collaborative environment where creative scholars generate bold ideas, innovate in the face of complex challenges and distinguish themselves as active citizens of the world.
To be an innovative university of creative scholars across a broad range of schools who have a profound impact on one another and the world.