CSU Dominguez Hills is an Equal Opportunity /ADA Employer.
California State University, Dominguez Hills
Human Resources Management
1000 E. Victoria St.
Carson, CA 90747
Under the general direction of the Associate Vice President of Development, the researcher compiles comprehensive and detailed research on known and potential individuals, foundations and corporate prospects to meet ongoing development needs and identify prospective major donors; collects, analyzes and conveys relevant information via biographical sketches, prospect profiles, summaries and briefings and ensures relevant information is recorded in university's mainframe database. Keeps abreast of the activities and initiatives underway at the university. Write a variety of research documents and reports, interpret and synthesize large volumes of information and complex financial, legal and technical language into easily comprehensible information. Evaluate research tools and emerging technologies and keep abreast of trends in the field of prospect research. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of prospect research methods and resources.
- Advanced analytical skills to synthesize a high volume of information from a variety of sources and perform complex analysis to interpret financial data and individual wealth indicators, identify philanthropic patterns, and relationships among individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Experience using information databases and search techniques related to prospect research. -Experience with relational databases.
- Working knowledge of fundraising processes.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite applications.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, with attention to accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Detailed oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects, often working with multiple deadlines and competing requirements.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with co-workers and colleagues; must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality; must demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness.
- Proficient use of available resources including but not limited to, alumni and development records, Lexis-Nexis, various print media, public records and direct interaction with appropriate internal and external staff.
- Familiarity with writing queries as part of mining the database for new prospects, including ability to generate prospect lists from Raiser's Edge.
Experience and Education:
Required Education: Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training.
Preferred: Education: Master’s degree in a field related to data, business or strategic thinking.
Required Experience: Administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs equivalent to four (4) years.
The salary range for this classification is: $4,693 - $8,242 monthly.