- Work with various university data groups to reach decisions on data policy, database structures, data definitions, etc.
- Support the ongoing maintenance of the university’s newly developed data warehouse, coordinating troubleshooting and updates with IT stewards.
- Identify, explore, and document legacy and new sources for data.
- Analyze data using statistical software and techniques, including descriptive statistics, regression analyses, and multi-level modeling in SPSS and Stata.
- Collect, merge, clean, document, and otherwise prepare data from multiple disparate sources to generate multi-faceted datasets in SPSS.
- Assist in responding to data requests/open records requests received by IRRIS.
- Support data reporting for federal, state, and other agencies and disseminate/document data reporting processes and updates.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to clearly convey information in person, over the phone, and in writing.
- Produce and maintain documentation of data and finished products.
- Exhibit patience, attentiveness, knowledge, flexibility, trustworthiness, positivity, tenacity, guidance, and willingness to learn in customer interactions.
- Follow and help to develop departmental protocols, inform and support team members.
- Work with existing protocols, business rules, and data systems and support the integration of institutional knowledge.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Master's degree or higher with major coursework in the social sciences, information sciences, statistics, or a related field.
- The candidate must demonstrate excellence in the following areas: organization and time management, written and oral communication, problem solving, and quantitative analysis.
- A detail-oriented individual who can work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated habit of documenting all work.
- Demonstrated ability to organize projects and bring them to a successful conclusion with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to positively contribute to collaborative team, influence without authority, and thoughtfully and productively give/receive feedback.
- Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate
- Four years of experience conducting data analysis using Excel, SPSS, Stata, SAS, or similar products.
- Familiarity with institutional/higher education data or research.
- Advanced experience or knowledge in the following areas: Statistics, SPSS, and/or Stata, meeting stakeholder requirements, working with complex datasets and/or databases, Tableau or similar data visualization tools, SQL.
- Advanced experience with contributing to discussions and decision-making related to data organization and governance.