The UNC System Office invites applications for the position of Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst Manager, in the Data and Analytics Division. The BI Analyst Manager is responsible for providing leadership of the reporting, analysis, and quality assurance functions of the Division. Primary focus of the position will be to manage: data management; information analysis; and decision support. Duties will also include project planning for UNC Strategic Plan dashboards, communicating with other public higher ed sectors related to dashboards and shared data collections, migrating the suite of UNC public dashboards on InfoCenter to a new SAS platform, implementing a new suite of Tableau dashboards available to UNC personnel, and supervising the newly revised analyst position(s).
• Advanced analytical and research training, such as through a doctoral program, is also very valuable in this role.
• Strong knowledge of the higher education data reporting systems, federal reporting requirements (including, but not limited to IPEDS), and state reporting requirements (North Carolina experience preferred);
• Familiarity with data retrieval and statistical packages (SAS preferred);
• An understanding and familiarity of the K-12 public school system, NC Community College System, the UNC System, and the NC Association of Independent Colleges and Universities;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively to wide and varied audiences;
• Participation in higher education data reporting systems; e.g., Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), Common Data Set (CDS), Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) accreditation;
• Writing for data consumers; and presentation to data suppliers or consumers;
• Business analysis roles such as: writing/editing process documentation; writing/editing report or system requirements documentation; writing instructional manuals or conducting user training;
• Leading teams with diverse interests and skills toward a common objective;
• Experience with Tableau dashboards;
• Work with student information systems such as Banner or PeopleSoft;
• Working knowledge of BASESAS, SAS Enterprise Guide or SQL to view, test and analyze large data sets;
• Subject matter expertise in one or more IR reporting areas: student enrollment, academic programs, courses, human resources, facilities or financial aid. *Critical, analytical, and strategic thinking, problem solving skills.