- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
- A cover letter is required
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director of Institutional Research is responsible for overseeing the design, collection, analysis, stewardship, and communication of quantitative and qualitative institutional data that proactively supports the objectives of the University. Working closely with multiple constituents, the Director works to elevate the centrality of data and information, and to enable responsive, data-informed decision making at every level of the University. In addition, s/he serves a key role in providing reports, analytics, and insights that drive institutional effectiveness across the University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively identify, research, analyze, and disseminate institutional data, analytics, and information in support of the University's planning, budgeting, decision-making, assessment, enrollment management, reporting, and continuous improvement objectives.
- Serve a key role in driving institutional effectiveness strategy. Use institutional data, peer and/or internal benchmarks, and best practice research to engage data generators, information consumers, and stakeholders in institutional information.
- Direct the work of the Office of Institutional Research and manage the Assistant Director of Institutional Research. Collaborate with the IE team to meet institutional effectiveness objectives. Serve as final authority on and attend to certain external compliance reporting requirements (e.g., WSCUC, IPEDS, etc.).
- Oversee the extraction and coordinate the analysis of data from various systems and sources to support the University's student recruitment, retention, and completion efforts. Coordinate the University's research efforts in support of enrollment management goals.
- Collaborate with the Office of Academic Affairs on data and research projects related to academic programs, assessment, and educational effectiveness.
- Provide key information and process recommendations for academic, co-curricular, student life, and administrative program review. Compile and disseminate program or department-specific data to support analytical reviews and planning processes.
- Support University-wide and individual program accreditation processes and reviews by providing relevant data and analysis.
- Aid in the development of and support for the University's Strategic Plan. Co-develop, create, and update dashboards that measure progress toward achieving strategic and/or operational goals.
- Prepare, present, and communicate quantitative and qualitative institutional data and information to faculty, staff, key committees, the Academic Executive Council, President’s Cabinet, and the Board of Trustees.
- Prepare and appropriately contextualize institutional data that is displayed publicly and/or to external audiences.
- Collaborate with various institutional departments (e.g., ITS, Budgeting and Planning, Finance, Enrollment Management) to continually improve data cleanliness, systems, definitions, and processes.
- Contribute to the university’s collaborative environment and engage in welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the division; and helping others accomplish related job results.
- Identify institutional research and information management practices that can benefit Dominican; identify new kinds of information needs; identify and monitor benchmarks; and encourage data-informed and information-rich continual improvement practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Masters in Institutional Research, Education, Behavioral Science, Quantitative Methods, Statistics, or related field required; doctorate preferred.
- Administrative IR or related experience in higher education strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methods, statistics, survey research, analytics, and the use of data and information in institutional research, analysis, and decision-making.
- Proficiency in the use of statistical software as well as word processing, spreadsheet, and communications technologies.
- Knowledge of state, federal, and regional accreditation requirements for the gathering, reporting, and disseminating data from higher education institutions.
- Knowledge and experience with sources and uses of comparative institutional data.
- Knowledge and experience with querying databases.
- Knowledge and experience with creating and updating online dashboards.
- Ability to work with discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Excellent verbal, written, and collaborative skills.
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by June 15, 2019; however, additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check