Business Intelligence Analyst
The UNC System Office located in Chapel Hill, NC invites applications for the position of Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst, in the Data and Analytics Department, Division of Academic Affairs. The Business Intelligence Analyst will support UNC Data & Analytics through information analysis, report and visualization design, data quality control, research, and advisory assistance to constituent institutions and partner education sectors. The hiring manager may hire multiple analysts at different skill levels.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in social science or other field for which data analysis and broad research and analytical skills are learned and two to four years of related experience. Related Master’s degree and one to two years of related experience preferred.
• Related experience working in a higher education institution and/or system office preferred;
• Knowledge of higher education operations and policy issues, including but not necessarily limited to: academic programs, admissions, financial aid, facilities, and registrar activities;
• Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
• Ability to work as part of a team and ability to communicate with wide variety of stakeholders;
• Data visualization experience, particularly SAS Visual Analytics and/or Tableau software;
• Coursework and/or experience with survey design and implementation; familiarity with Qualtrix software a plus;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• A commitment to accuracy.
The Data and Analytics department provides decision support to UNC leadership, the Board of Governors, the legislature, and various other stakeholders, primarily through the maintenance of and extraction of information from a rich central database. The goal is to meet key stakeholders’ needs by building an efficient, responsive, sustainable operation on a technology and human resource platform. The department handles state and federal reporting requirements centrally—most prominently, the federal higher education data system, IPEDS, requires a substantial set of reports at various points during the year. The department manages various UNC system annual reporting to the Board of Governors (e.g., faculty workload, student enrollment), and Data and Analytics is responsible for developing and managing reporting and analytics tools as part of the UNC System’s shared analytics platform.
Application Due Date: 2019-06-07
Job Start Date: 2019-08-15
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience.
City: Chapel Hill
Institution: University of North Carolina System Office
Reports To: Business Intelligence Analyst Manager
Staff # Reporting to Position: 0
Reports In Office: Data and Analytics
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.
View All Jobs by Posting Date Post a Job