Interested candidates may complete an application and submit their cover letter and resume at the Fitchburg State University job site at
General Statement of Duties: The position is responsible for performing all necessary functions related to the collection, analysis and reporting of institutional data to external and internal constituents. The position is responsible for producing the data required for accreditation, planning, compliance reporting and institutional effectiveness analysis. The position fosters a culture of data-informed decision making.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the collection, analysis and integrity of the data needed to comply with external reporting requirements.
- Responsible for all cyclical and ad hoc requests for data from external sources, including but not limited to federal and state agencies, accrediting bodies, commercial entities and peer universities.
- Responsible for the timely submission of IPEDS data; serves as the content expert for the IPEDS system; assists OIRP staff in understanding the scope and type of data available.
- Responsible for the timely submission of HEIRS data; serves as the content expert for the HEIRS system; assists OIRP staff in understanding the scope and type of data available.
- Reviews and analyzes IPEDS and HEIRS data to ensure that institutional effectiveness is best captured; provides feedback and analysis related to the Performance Measurement Reporting System (PMRS).
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing and disseminating trend data regarding the university in relation to its peer and aspirational institutions.
- Responsible for providing the data required for institutional and programmatic accreditation, program reviews, annual reports, strategic planning and institutional effectiveness analysis.
- Supports internal survey design and analysis; manages the NSSE survey administration.
- Responds to assigned requests for data in a timely manner; meets all established deadlines.
- Fosters efforts to sustain a data-informed culture.
- Produces annual data for publication on the university’s website, including but not limited to the Institutional Factbook, Common Data Set, Retention and Graduation Rates and “Fitchburg State Fast Facts”.
- Maintains accurate and current data on the OIRP website.
- Supports and serves as a member of the OIRP Report Writing Team; works to ensure that OIRP produces accurate and timely data, reports and dashboards.
- Plans, organizes and performs multiple tasks and responsibilities within established timelines.
- Represents the university at system-wide meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President.
- Master’s degree and five years of progressively responsible institutional research experience, or Bachelor’s degree and eight years of progressively responsible institutional research experience.
- Experience in the use of higher education reporting, presentation and statistical tools, such as Excel, SAP Crystal Reports, Tableau, Cognos, SPSS and SAS; ability to interpret or code SQL preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in IPEDS and other compliance reporting. Experience in the Massachusetts Higher Education Information Resource System (HEIRS) preferred.
- Experience and current knowledge of Ellucian Banner preferred.
- Ability to effectively analyze, interpret and display institutional research data.
- Success as a highly effective and efficient problem-solver.
- Highly motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and responsibilities within established timeframes, while paying strict attention to detail.
- Ability to perform above duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Fitchburg State University, located in Fitchburg, Massachusetts, is a public institution dedicated to integrating high-quality professional programs with strong liberal arts and sciences studies. Founded in 1894, the university now has more than 30 undergraduate programs and 22 master's degree programs, and 7,000 full and part-time students. The university is searching for professional candidates that would like to become part of a dynamic community that provides excellent service to the students, staff, faculty and constituents that we serve.
The job is a full-time benefited APA Union position. Hours are Monday through Friday 8am - 5pm.