Applicants need to submit the following:
1. Cover letter
3. Three references and contact information
Application can be found at the following website: https://usm.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=843&site=1
Performs responsible work in the development, production, and interpretation of statistical and analytical reports that support decision making functions and planning. This position also designs questionnaires to gather necessary data as well as assists the campus community in data literacy.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Produce statistical and analytical reports, dashboards, and presentations related to retention, graduation, and student success in a wide variety of platforms and a variety of sources for presentation to varying audiences.
2. Design and implement predictive analytics and data modeling to forecast enrollment, retention, graduation, and finances.
3. Develop, design, and assist in the creation of questionnaires, surveys and data gathering tools to ensure the necessary information captured pertains to educational trends and college needs. Examples may be NSSE, campus climate, etc.
4. Communicate with and advise faculty, staff, and administration on analytics surrounding retention, graduation, student success, and financial analysis.
5. Serve as a point of contact for data maintenance in the data warehouse.
6. Audit data collection to ensure data integrity on a consistent basis, and other duties as assigned.
Master’s Degree. Two year's application experience in data analysis, collection and reporting. Prior experience extracting data with SPSS or related statistical software in addition to excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access. Skill in research methodology and design, statistics and mathematics.
The University of Southern Mississippi (USM) is a comprehensive public research institution delivering transformative programs on campuses in Hattiesburg and Long Beach, at teaching and research sites in central and southern Mississippi, as well as online. Founded in 1910, USM is one of only 130 universities in the nation to earn the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education's "R1: Doctoral Universities - Very high research activity" designation, and its robust research enterprise includes experts in ocean science and engineering, polymer science and engineering, and sport venue safety and security, among others. USM is also one of only 40 institutions in the nation accredited in theatre, art and design, dance and music. As an economic driver, USM generates an annual economic impact of more than $600 million across the state. USM welcomes a diverse student body of approximately 15,000, representing 71 countries, all 50 states, and every county in Mississippi. USM students have collected four Truman Scholarships and 36 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships, while also leading Mississippi with 24 Goldwater Scholarships, an honor that recognizes the next generation of great research scientists. Home to the Golden Eagles, USM competes in 17 Division I sports sponsored by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). For more information, visit www.usm.edu.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer/Americans with Disabilities Act institution, The University of Southern Mississippi encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.