Under the direction of the Director of Institutional Research, this person will plan, coordinate and manage research, evaluation and assessment activities to aid in decision making and planning. The data and information will be used to advise faculty, staff, and administration in support of the assessment of student learning and outcomes as well as other college business. Work is performed with considerable independent judgment, creativity and ingenuity to analyze and develop strategies for the design and implementation of research. Related duties include assisting in the preparation and analysis of reports. Supervision received is general in nature using established procedures and general objectives. The person in this role will work with other professionals across the college in a team approach. The person in this role will also work with and maintain institutional databases.Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Aids in the design, implementation, data collection, analysis and reporting as related to evaluation of program outcomes and assessment of student outcomes which include: Technical College System Quality Review Process, Technical Skill Attainment, Student Learning Outcomes, Course Evaluation outcomes and other types of data.
- Implements and reports research results as requested by institutional planning committees, the Division, and governmental units.
- Gathers, organizes and reports information used for outcome improvement, enrollment management and strategic planning.
- Works in a team environment to write, revise, and report information.
- Works in collaboration with Department and Division in performing college duties.
- Uses critical thinking and the ability to interpret data requests to direct the collection and processing of data, analyze results, report results to users, and prepare related planning and analytical documents.
- Analyzes, interprets, and summarizes statistical data for internal and external reports.
- Communicates design methods, results, and interpretation of results to faculty and staff.
- Provides on-going support for existing assigned administrative application systems, investigates and resoles problems involving these systems, addresses data integrity concerns, provides integration of business rules with information systems.
- Responsible for systems analysis, design, technical development, implementation, and on-going support of administrative information system projects as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned for the effective operation of the Division.
Bachelor's degree in Education, Social Sciences or related field is required. Master's degree is preferred. Two years of relevant occupational experience is required. Three or more years preferred, with direct experience in a higher education setting is preferred.
Candidate's experience and training should provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform:
- Assessment of student learning and outcomes, including related methods and measures.
- Quantitative and qualitative research design, methods and techniques.
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis and statistics.
- Reporting applied research findings to multiple audiences.
- Advanced knowledge and use of information management systems, databases, and software such as Ellucian Higher Education student data systems, Business Intelligence software, SQL, Microsoft (Excel, Word & PowerPoint), SPSS, EMSI Economic Modeling, SPOL, and online survey tools (e.g. Survey Monkey).
- A positive, professional, and team-based approach to work, with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty and staff.
- Ability to conceptualize data use and to understand and follow complex written and oral instructions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with persons from diverse socio-economic racial backgrounds.