Under general supervision of the Executive Director, the Dymally Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is awarded to qualified researchers within 3 years of having obtained their doctorate to carry out an independent research program. The research plan must address questions within the scope and interest of the Dymally Institute. Multi-disciplinary, inter-disciplinary and all disciplinary perspectives including Arts, Health Science, Natural Science, Engineering, Technology, Humanities and Social Sciences are invited.
The postdoctoral fellow will actively contribute to the running of the Institute. In addition to conducting their own research, the post-doc will be expected to attend and contribute to Institute activities such as organizing conferences and symposia, and liaising with community organizations and scholars. The fellow may request to teach a course on a topic of their own choosing. The incumbent may share responsibility for committee and department assignments, performing administrative, and other functions as may be assigned. The Fellow will report to the Executive Director of the Institute.
- CSUDH's urban mission
- Expertise in their research area related to Dymally Institute interests
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels within and outside the University
- Present clear ideas and concepts both orally and written
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Effectively communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Work independently with a minimum of direct supervision
- Apply knowledge in creative ways in new situations
- Interact with all members of campus community, other CSU campuses, other institutions, outside businesses
- Work cooperatively and effectively in a diverse environment
- Demonstrated research skills.
Experience and Education:
Individual must have completed the requirements of a terminal academic degree program from an accredited institution of higher education or the equivalent.
Required Experience: None