- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Curriculum Vitae
- Writing/Media Samples
The Programmer Analyst (PA) is a member of the staff of the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness and is responsible for the technical work of extracting data, developing reports, and aiding in analysis and dissemination for areas across the campus and externally. The PA must utilize discretion and independent judgement in the development and management of complex research studies and projects utilizing the databases and resources available to the office. Data management responsibilities include collecting and preparing data for analysis, including assessing data quality, as well as recoding and merging data.
The PA analysis and data extraction responsibilities range across a variety of subject areas and projects covering the entire higher education decision support spectrum, including students, faculty, the research enterprise, admissions, finances, staff, and other key institutional subject areas. The PA will occasionally collaborate with other University offices, thus strong communication and teamwork skills are necessary. The ability to present complex data in a succinct, meaningful way to a variety of audiences is essential.
• Bachelor’s degree in education, computer science, data analysis, information technology, or social science, or professional experience in one or more of the following areas: Social Science, Research Methodology, Statistics, Business or Data Management.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office or related software suites, intermediate proficiency in computer programming, particularly in SQL environments
• Experience with databases and data retrieval/analysis.
• Strong interpersonal skills and professional writing experience.
• Master’s degree in education or related professions with graduate coursework in research design, statistics, data management and/or institutional planning.
• Knowledge and experience of website maintenance and development tools and practices.
• Knowledge and experience of Datatel/Colleague university data system.
• Knowledge and experience of PeopleAdmin system for Human Resource management.
• Knowledge and experience of the SAP Business Objects environment for reporting; elements and identify potential cause-effect relationships.
• Knowledge and experience of Crystal Reports for report development.
Governors State University is the only regional, public, comprehensive university in Chicago’s south suburban area, serving approximately 5,000 students annually. GSU provides accessible, high value undergraduate and graduate education to culturally and economically diverse students. With the lowest undergraduate tuition in Illinois, GSU offers accredited programs that have earned high praise from national accrediting agencies at an affordable price for all students.
The exceptionally beautiful campus is conveniently located within easy reach by road and rail to Chicago and surrounding communities that have a wealth of cultural and natural attractions.