NYIT’s Office of Institutional Research seeks a Data and Evaluation Research Analyst located at the Long Island (Old Westbury, NY) campus. Under direction of the Senior Data and Research Analyst , this position will assist in the planning, conduct, and presentation of research and analysis of institutional data related to the development and assessment of college programs, services, activities, enrollment patterns, student success, planning and accreditation related projects.
- Assists in the design and execution of complex research studies
- Collects and/or analyzes quantitative and qualitative data
- Uses SQL, to retrieve, examine, evaluate, combine, and manipulate data from multiple sources
- Organizes and executes complex data requests, including researching and evaluating data availability across multiple sources both internally and externally
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study
- Utilizes at least one statistical package to conduct complex statistical analyses
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree required
- 2 - 4 years of statistical research analysis and program evaluation experience including experience in the development, analysis, reporting, and presentation of research. A degree in a directly related field (Data Science, statistics) can be substituted for experience
- Must be willing to learn, increasingly advanced skills to conduct research studies using appropriate quantitative analytical methods including but not limited to; description, inferential, and predictive statistics, as well we qualitative analysis methods and focus groups.
- Working knowledge of computing and statistical tools, especially MS Office, SAS/SPSS/R/etc.
- Ability to read and interpret existing code written in SQL
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required
- Can demonstrate an ability to utilize large institutional data sets in institutional research
- Experience with Qualtrics helpful
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) offers 90 degree programs, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees, in more than 50 fields of study, including architecture and design; arts and sciences; education; engineering and computing sciences; health professions; management; and medicine. A non-profit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institution of higher education, NYIT has more than 9,000 students worldwide.
Since 1955, NYIT has pursued its mission to provide career-oriented professional education, give all qualified students access to opportunity, and support research and scholarship that benefit the larger world. For more information, visit nyit.edu.
Please submit cover letter and resume for consideration
NYIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity