- Employ SQL to retrieve data from university information system; use word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software to assist in the production of IR reports and other materials related to all aspects of the institution’s demography and a variety of specialized topics.
- Work closely with the Director to provide critically important reporting, assessment, benchmarking, planning, and information services to support and respond to the needs of the university.
- Work to enhance effective data and information flow across campus by partnering with other departments and offices, faculty, and staff to enhance the university’s data collection, communication, and project coordination.
- Apply research and evaluation methodologies in support of institutional effectiveness measures and other internal accountability, retention, marketing, and decision-support projects.
- Support the Director in responding to identified research areas to encourage information-based decisions; coordinate and complete research projects from design, collection, data entry, statistical analysis, and interpretation to reporting, depicting, and presenting results.
- Represent the university with regard to other affiliate organizations.
- Provide support for academic assessment and related research functions.
- Develop and manage survey instruments, data collection, reports, and effective records system for IR data requests, projects, and reports; create and maintain process documentation for IR and related functions.
- Respond to requests for university information for federal and state reports and produce the annual Institutional Fact Book.
- Respond to ad hoc and other requests for research information from university staff and faculty.
- Ensure the accuracy, quality, and credibility of institutional data used in analyses, decisions, and planning; define, categorize, summarize and verify data used; recognize and resolve data inconsistencies.
- Participate in campus committees, including chairing the university’s Data Administration Team and overseeing development, implementation and maintenance of the university’s Data Dictionary.
- Assist in managing all aspects of the Institutional Research Office.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, social science, or related field.
- Three years of direct experience with research methods, data modeling, and reporting techniques in a higher education environment.
- Experience working with Ellucian Banner or comparable systems.
- Finalist applicants must complete the pre-employment background check.
1. Master’s degree in a social or behavioral science field, public policy, statistics, applied research, education, or related field.
2. Experience in a leadership role in data governance.
3. Experience of working directly with faculty and academic leadership to support assessment practice
As a member of the Associated New American Colleges, PLU is committed to the integration of liberal arts studies and professional preparation. A dynamic academic program for PLU's approximately 3000 students features 40 undergraduate majors, five professional schools, and selective graduate programs that maintain a strong liberal arts emphasis at their core. In addition, PLU is committed to developing in all students a global perspective, including an understanding of the intercultural and intellectual richness of the world. More than 40 percent of students study abroad.
PLU cherishes its dedication to educating for lives of service, as well as its distinguished and distinctive academic program that emphasizes curricular integration and active learning.
Given the combination of rigorous academics, delivered in a friendly, personalized environment, it is easy to see why PLU is among the region’s most highly regarded employers and is the only Northwest university to be listed every year within the top 15 Western region universities in the “Best Colleges” survey, published annually by U. S. News & World Report. Learn more about PLU here.
PLU is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits program which offers a variety of benefit options to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Medical/Vision/Dental, matched retirement, tuition remission, and a comprehensive leave package are just some of the benefits available to PLU employees. For more information on PLU's excellent benefits, visit https://www.plu.edu/human-resources/benefits/
For general information about PLU, its campus, and the area, visit https://employment.plu.edu/