Master’s and 1-2 years’ experience, or Bachelor’s and 2-4 years’ experience, or will accept a combination or related education and experience in substitution.
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and at least two years of experience in quantitative analysis utilizing computer applications such as SAS, Tableau, query tools (e.g., SQL), and relational databases in order to extract data from existing systems and restructure large data sets with high volumes of transactions in a manner that allows for robust analysis and data insight.
- Requires knowledge in data collection and analysis techniques, along with database administration and programming tools; understanding and experience using statistics or social science research techniques; knowledge of computer application tools (for example, query tools and relational databases); knowledge of policies and procedures involved in handling sensitive data (for example, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, or FERPA).
- Knowledge of or ability to, quickly obtain knowledge of the policies, regulations, and practices for awarding financial aid and scholarships.
- Knowledge of the organizational environment of higher education and large research universities to understand client priorities, issues, motivations and constraints.
- Requires ability to present technical information, complex findings, and recommendations in a clear, concise manner both in writing and verbally.
- Prefer recent experience in a large, complex university setting; requires knowledge of, or comfort with, automated and integrated Student Information Systems such as Oracle PeopleSoft or SunGard Banner.
We offer competitive compensation, a cordial and interesting working environment, and a chance to make a difference in one of the best universities in the country. We also offer Chapel Hill, a place widely known for its friendly atmosphere and generally high quality of life.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.