Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and an example of relevant work in order to be considered.
- Serve as a key member of the University Analytics and Institutional Research (UAIR) team.
- Visualize administrative data to enable effective decision making with on the fly data analysis capabilities.
- Support the University goal of establishing a comprehensive data support infrastructure by being a knowledge analyst in financial, student, and HR data.
- Provide management/strategic reporting for institutional initiatives such as RCM, Strategic Plan, ABOR Metrics, etc.
- Operational reporting on Financial, Student, and HR data.
- Data quality management of institutional data in the warehouse environment.
- Enable UAIR to be a strategic partner of the university community.
- Provide technical direction and guidance in requirements gathering, tenets of dimensional modeling, business intelligence best practices, ETL concepts, Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE) architecture and repository management, SQL, relational database theory, and query performance considerations.
- Assist Business Intelligence users including department staff, administrators, faculty and appointed personnel.
- Serve on committees and project teams as assigned.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and meet negotiated timelines.
- Ability to be self-driven and maintain strong work ethic.
- Ability to present complex data in a succinct, meaningful way to a variety of audiences.
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, responsiveness and attention to detail.
- Critical thinking, analytical, logical problem solving, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects in an environment filled with competing priorities.
- Bachelors’ degree in related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Two or more years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with complex data in a relational database environment.
- Strong interest and aptitude in data analysis.
- Success in building and maintaining customer relationships at multiple levels.
- Strong service orientation towards users.
- Demonstrated experience delivering data models of complex data sets that are accurate and responsive.
- Experience with Business Intelligence (conception, design, implementation, and support).
- Experience with Data warehouse (conception, design, implementation, and support).
- Experience working with Financial, Student, and HR data in a higher education environment.
- Experience working with Research-related financial data at a Research 1 institution.
- Knowledge of university processes and multiple administrative system (Peoplesoft Human Capital Management & Campus Solutions, Kuali Financials & Coeus)
In 2014, Institutional Research and Business Intelligence at the University of Arizona merged into a single operational unit, University Analytics and Institutional Research (UAIR), in order to better serve the data needs of this campus with its strong culture for data informed decision making. Today, UAIR is working to move beyond transactional, operational, and mandatory reporting to increasingly provide sophisticated analytics, modeling, interactive dashboards, and visualizations that empower campus decision makers, inform policy and practice, and tell the UA story.
The University Analytics and Institutional Research (UAIR) team, within The University of Arizona, is accepting applications for the position of UAIRAnalyst. As a member of this group, you have the opportunity to impact Student Success and help advance a Research 1 University in our effort to improve our effectiveness in obtaining, monitoring, and executing sponsored research. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to work directly with both The University of Arizona campus in Tucson as well as the Phoenix Biomedical Campus.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been listed by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers in the United States and WorldatWork and the Arizona Department of Health Services have recognized us for our innovative work-life programs.