All candidates must apply online:
- Go to: http://www.texastech.edu/careers/
- Select ‘EL PASO STAFF’ from the navigation menu
- Search for position requisition ID: 17548BR
Performs specialized analytical duties in the operation and maintenance of assigned area. Responsibilities include collecting, analyzing and developing data relative to area, making recommendations and assisting in implementation of projects. Work is performed under general supervision with latitude for independent judgement in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Bachelor's degree required plus five years progressively responsible related experience.
Position Specific Qualifications
Knowledge and understanding of the following is required:
SQL Server (T-SQL and PL-SQL) and BI Tools (SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS)
Ability to use software to generate metrics, dashboards (Tableau, Microsoft BI) and develop actionable recommendations.
Experience designing and maintaining database systems and/or data warehouse
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to understand reporting requirements, analyze these requirements, and propose BI solutions.
Ability to take a proposed solution from a conceptual idea and design, develop and implement the solution for real world use.
Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
As a member of a functional department must have the ability to effectively communicate technical and nontechnical information to technical and nontechnical users.
Utilize web-services, APIs or other data mining tools to automate data gathering and integration of external and internal data.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), data science, or information technology and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in academic or business applications and systems analysis and development
- Experience in education program administration, including substantial experience working with related enterprise systems (such as Banner), curriculum management systems (such as Canvas or Blackboard), and related academic applications (such as Advise)
Texas Tech University Health Science Center El Paso provides a highly rewarding career experience with the opportunity to impact lives in our community and beyond. As the only health-sciences center located on the United States/Mexico border, we offer some of the best career opportunities in all of El Paso. Healthcare professionals will enjoy our innovative and cross-cultural care while professional, administrative and support staff enjoy the security, benefits and growth opportunities that come with working on our team.