Questions directly related to the position can be directed to email@example.com
- Serve as the expert in data warehousing by designing and implementing data warehousing.
- Bring data together from a variety of disparate sources for the purpose of reporting and analysis.
- Automate reporting through the use of programming (R, SAS, SQL, SPSS, python, others).
- Use technical knowledge and training to assist in the development of data governance tools and processes.
- Lead and implement a modern approach to data governance for the university; chair the data governance committee
- Develop and implement, and work with existing Business Intelligence tools to promote data warehousing, data governance, data quality and analytic dashboards.
- Provide leadership in the deployment of university-wide dashboards (currently in Tableau, and Informer 5)
- Create automated, modern, replicable, and relevant data visualizations.
- Utilize advanced statistical methods to make relevant predictions aimed at solving business questions and furthering business insight.
- Continue to evolve and look for ways to ensure the OIRE is ahead of trends in data management, analysis, and reporting.
- Make recommendations on best technology applications for the office.
- Work collaboratively and interact with stakeholders to support a variety of data
management, analysis and benchmarking initiatives.
- Turn information into insights.
- Collaborate closely with Information Technology Services and ensure alignment between ITS and OIRE goals/vision
- Provide reporting and survey support
- Provide ongoing support to other members of the OIRE team as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Produce sound statistical findings, and communicate and disseminate findings in meaningful ways
Familiarity with higher education issues, IPEDS, assessment, and performance indicators
3 years’ experience working with large datasets
3 years’ experience utilizing programming languages
Familiarity with visual analytics
Trinity University is looking for the right candidate to join the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness as a Data Scientist. Reporting to the Executive Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness, the Data Scientist is responsible for executing a modern approach to data within higher education. The position will proactively work with the EDIRE to modernize; expedite the turn-around time for information requests via automation; develop a data warehouse; scale up and advance the university’s ability to turn information into insight; and ultimately ensure that stakeholders have the information they need when they need it, and that stakeholders understand and act on the information.
Trinity University is a small, private, highly residential, liberal arts and sciences institution principally focused on undergraduate education. The university is located in the heart of culturally rich and vibrant San Antonio, TX. The University overlooks downtown San Antonio, home to the Alamo, four professional sports teams including the NBA Spurs, and more than 175 city parks and recreation areas. Not to be ignored: San Antonio has on average 300 days of sunshine per year.