Please submit the following as part of the application package:
- Cover letter
- Transcripts (may be unofficial)
Application materials and expressions of interest should be forwarded to:
HR Recruitment Specialist
Reporting to the Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness, the Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness, manages institutional research and assessment, and supports accreditation and across Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences. The primary role is to oversee the collection, analysis, and distribution of institutional data to support strategic planning, decision-making, program development, assessment of student learning, federal reporting, accreditation, and program review.
The Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness collaborates with the database administrators and serves as a liaison with the ITS and Strategic Enrollment Management departments to develop and maintain reporting processes. The Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness will be part of a cross-functional data governance team. The Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness develops, supports, and maintains simple to complex business intelligence queries and reports while partnering with stakeholders to define deliverables.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in statistics, data access and manipulation using SQL and other tools. The ideal candidate will also be proficient in analysis package(s) (e.g. SPSS) and experience with Business Intelligence package(s) (e.g., PowerBI, Tableau, etc.).
- Master's degree in higher education, social or educational research, public health or a related field required.
- At least 5 years of experience in higher education institutional research
- Experience with higher education assessment and regional and programmatic accreditation
- Demonstrated ability to design, plan, and implement assessment and research projects;
- Database knowledge with ability to extract data using query language.
- Previous experience presenting statistical data and conclusions to a variety of audiences in an accessible manner.
- Experienced with office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerBI and Access.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing highly developed critical thinking including sophisticated quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience designing and implementing assessment management systems preferred
The department of Institutional Effectiveness provides oversight of several key areas at PA College, including accreditation, assessment, compliance, and institutional research. The department of Institutional Effectiveness serves as a resource for all departments related to assessment and accreditation requirements; conducts statistical analyses at the college and department levels; ensures that PA College is in compliance with all local, state and federal higher education mandates; designs and conducts special studies and evaluations; and serves as a primary point of contact for external data reporting mandates and requests.