Helpful skills include problem-solving ability, analytical thinking, and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of data consumers. Useful experience would include work in higher education institutional research, enrollment management, planning or analysis, particularly within the UNC System. Base SAS, SAS Business Intelligence, SAS Visual Analytics, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Macro and SQL are currently used by the programmer/analyst team. Experience with any of those SAS tools will be beneficial. No candidate is expected to have experience in all of the above tools.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a programming-heavy related degree from an appropriately accredited institution and three years of progressive experience in the information technology field including experience in programming technology related work; or a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or in a programming-heavy related degree and two years of progressive experience in the information technology field including experience in programming; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Management strongly prefers a minimum of three (3) years of writing original SAS code in a professional setting;
• Experience with debugging and troubleshooting code and updating legacy code;
• Proficiency with Base SAS. Data Step programming, merging large and complex data sets using Data Merge, and use of specific routines in SAS such as Proc SQL, ODS, Proc Report/Tabulate, Macro Programming, and Array Processing;
• Experience with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Enterprise Guide are valuable as well;
• Prefer related experience in higher education institutional research, enrollment management, planning or analysis, particularly within the UNC System;
• Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
• Ability to work as part of a team and ability to communicate with wide variety of stakeholders;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• A commitment to accuracy and quality.