The University of Wyoming, in consultation with Summit Search Solutions, Inc., will begin a confidential review of application materials immediately and continue until the position is filled; parties who apply by July 22, 2019, will be given first consideration. Please submit curriculum vitae and letter of interest upon application. All applications and nominations will be held in confidence. To apply online, go to https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=su155
For more information or to offer recommendations or nominations:
Direct: (530) 677-9945
The University of Wyoming is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law and University policy. To review the EEO is the Law Poster and its Supplement, please see The Diversity & Fairness page.
Pursuant to Wyoming State law, W.S. 19-14-102, as amended, an honorably discharged veteran who has been a resident of the state of Wyoming for one (1) year or more at any time prior to the date when the veteran applies for employment, or any surviving spouse who was married to such veteran at the time of the veteran’s death, who is receiving federal survivor benefits based on the veteran’s military service and is applying for employment, shall receive an interview preference during the applicant screening process with the University of Wyoming. At the time of application, the applicant must possess the business capacity, competency, education or other qualifications required for the position. If disabilities do not materially interfere with performance of job duties, disabled veterans will be given preference over able-bodied veterans. Appropriate documentation of veteran status must be provided at the time of application as outlined in the application process. No preference will be given to a veteran currently employed by a public department.
The University of Wyoming conducts background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Offers of employment are contingent upon the completion of the background check.
Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Click here to view position profile: http://summitsearchsolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/UW_AVP_IRE_Profile.pdf
The Associate Vice Provost for Institutional Research and Effectiveness (AVP-IRE) will report directly to the Provost. The AVP-IRE will provide strategic administrative leadership, effective management, and expertise related to institutional research, analysis, data infrastructure, data governance, compliance, and reporting. The AVP-IRE will serve as a university-wide leader and advocate for the IRE transformation and will spearhead and implement processes related to data analysis, standards, and data governance. In collaboration with other members of the Provost’s team, the AVP-IRE supports accreditation matters in the areas of assessment, and continuous improvement and compliance, including self-studies and reports, preparation of site visits, and compilation of data. The AVP-IRE will supervise a staff who provide technical programming/reporting, data analysis, interpretation of analysis, and preparation of reports for both internal and external constituencies. The current student system is Ellucian Banner. The Financial/HR system is Oracle Cloud. Changes in reporting relationships and organizational structures may occur over time; the AVP will influence these decisions.
See full profile for a list of specific duties and responsibilities.
- An earned master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning - preferably in assessment, measurement, education research, social science research, program evaluation, curriculum and instruction, educational administration, or a closely related field.
- At least seven (7) years of progressively responsible leadership experience in institutional effectiveness and higher education assessment. Experience will include some combination of experience in programmatic assessment, methodology, educational research design, sponsored research activities, accountability issues, and student learning outcomes.
- Experience in institutional effectiveness related to change management, including the ability to conceptualize and manage implementation in key areas such as automation, processes, accountabilities, and governance.
- Leadership or supervisory experience that includes accountability for department, unit, function, program or team/student results.
- Budget management experience.
- Knowledge of research and design methods, including the use and interpretation of statistical data, appropriate to higher education environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with regional accrediting agencies, and familiarity with accreditation requirements such as those of the Higher Learning Commission.
- Familiarity with state and federal mandated report requirements.
- Experience working with diverse populations and student success initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills are needed for working with faculty, staff, students, and other stakeholders.
- Doctoral degree.
- Seasoned change driver with expertise in the use of and presentation of data to improve/impact an institutional program, initiatives, operations, and/or functions; leadership of institutional effectiveness & continuous improvement processes.
- Expertise in analytical/statistical software applications (SAS, SPSS, STATA, etc.).
- Experience using national-level datasets such as the Association of American Universities Data Exchange, IPEDS, Academic Analytics, National Student Clearinghouse.
- Experience creating predictive models and key performance dashboards.
- Working knowledge of web development and reporting tools, data mining, desktop publishing software, and end user data access platforms.
- Participation in appropriate professional development associations.
About the Institution:
Nestled amid the beauty of two mountain ranges in southeastern Wyoming, you will find the nationally recognized teaching and research institution, the University of Wyoming (UW). Established as a land-grant institution in 1886 when Wyoming was still a territory, UW has since grown to close to 200 areas of study, drawing 12,500+ students from all 50 states and 90 countries. UW is known for its accomplished faculty and world-class facilities, its small student/faculty ratio and quality undergraduate and graduate programs within its colleges of Arts & Sciences, Agriculture & Natural Resources, Business, Education, Engineering & Applied Science, Health Sciences, Law, School of Energy Resources, and Haub School of Environment and Natural Resources. To learn more: http://www.uwyo.edu
Throughout its existence, UW has been the only four-year university in the state of Wyoming, though it maintains close relationships with the state's seven community colleges. UW’s global impact begins with innovative undergraduate and graduate research opportunities and extends through state and federal partnerships and recent initiatives such as the Wyoming Institute for Humanities Research and the School of Energy Resources. UW has played important roles in the lives of students, Wyoming residents, and communities for 133 years.
- Recognized by Forbes Magazine 2018 as being one of the nation's best college values.
- Rated as a “Top 15 Outdoor Adventure College” by Outside Magazine.
- Wyoming was ranked #21 in US News and World Report 2018 “Best States Rankings.”
The University community is working collaboratively to help the University reinforce and strengthen its reputation as it adapts to changing economic factors in the state and beyond. The University recently published its new strategic roadmap, “Breaking Through 2017-2022: A Strategic Plan for the University of Wyoming.” It’s an exciting time to be a part of UW as it embarks on new and exciting opportunities.
Location: Located in Laramie, Wyoming, a town of more than 31,000 with a unique blend of sophistication and western hospitality, UW not only provides an environment for success but also offers varied academic and lifestyle opportunities. Laramie is a great place to live and work as it boasts low cost of living, no state income tax as well as incredible outdoor recreational opportunities, an eclectic downtown area, and a great public-school system.