- Create and maintain reports, charts, HTML objects and business intelligence portals using WebFOCUS.
- Integrate LEAN methodologies into day to day work practices.
- Collect, analyze, and present data as meaningful information.
- Collaborate with customers to improve data quality and consistency.
- Maintain data confidentiality and observe all FERPA regulations.
- Adhere to Columbia College official definitions and Office of Institutional Research standards in report development.
- Maintain and document all new and existing report specifications.
- Present information in a clear, concise and understandable format.
- Work closely with customers to gain an understanding of business processes and rules in order to facilitate accurate and manageable reporting.
- Minimum two years of experience in a similar field.
- Experience writing code using reporting software such as WebFOCUS, Business Objects, Cognos or similar applications.
- Knowledge of database structure and reporting techniques.
- Experience with Excel, Access, Adobe Acrobat, Minitab or similar analysis and reporting software.
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification.
Why work at Columbia College?
The Human Resources department of Columbia College is committed to the continuous development and exemplary services of the college’s most important assets, its employees.
Columbia College offers generous paid leave and excellent health and dental insurance coverage. Columbia College will make an annual $1,000 contribution to each employee’s Health Savings Account.
View our current benefits summary.
Columbia College provides tuition benefits for employees and their eligible dependents
- Free in-seat undergraduate
- 75% tuition reduction for online classes and graduate classes
- Tuition Exchange program with partner institutions
Regardless of employee contribution, Columbia College will contribute 8% to their retirement account once the employee has completed one year of service, is over age 21 and works at least 1,000 hours during the Plan year.
Employees will vest 20% in their account balance after the first year of participation in the plan, and an additional 20% in each year of eligible service thereafter. Employees are fully vested in the retirement plan after six full years of continuous employment.
Benefits include free dependent in-seat undergraduate tuition and/or 75% tuition reduction for online classes, Tuition Exchange program for eligible dependents with dozens of partner institutions, an 8% retirement account contribution, generous paid leave, excellent health and dental insurance coverage, and outstanding, dedicated colleagues.
The offer of employment and assignment to duties is contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background check. The information may include, but is not limited to, academic, residential, achievement, performance, attendance, disciplinary, employment history, credit history, driving history, and criminal history of public record.