Skyfactor, a Macmillan Learning company, has a unique opportunity for a Data Analyst in our Analytics and Research team in Springfield, Missouri!
The Data Analyst works to develop and present opportunities to improve business practices by collecting, analyzing, and transforming data into useful and meaningful information to answer practical questions in support of key Skyfactor products and departments, including Product Development, Business Development, Marketing, and Client Services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and present opportunities to improve business practices and product features by collecting, analyzing, and transforming data into useful and meaningful information, leveraging higher education experience to provide context for the data that encourages more effective, strategic, and operational insight and collaborative decision-making.
- Recommend and utilize tools to develop data visualizations for analysis results, creating meaningful, actionable data for internal users and higher education audiences. Work with management to prioritize potential projects and define the right Key Performance Indicators to drive better business decisions.
- Gather key project requirements, critical information about data sources, and firm understanding of business processes and data related to analytics projects through partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Develops applied research and analytics projects using solid research methodology and appropriate statistical methods.
- Select, review, and evaluate a variety of data sources that will help lead to business practice improvement recommendations.
- Develop standard practices, procedures, and documentation for data acquisition and preparation to structure data to support analyses.
- Select and apply a variety of tools (e.g., Tableau, SPSS, Python, Power BI, etc.) to perform data analysis used to identify and recommend improvements to business practices, product features, and ultimately student learning.
- Analyze data using statistical methods, such as descriptive stats, predictive stats, etc.
- Create data-backed summaries, using independently compiled analytics derived from internal and external sources, for the appropriate stakeholders on an ad hoc and/or recurring basis.
- Develop data visualization improvements and iterations, based on stakeholder feedback, to increase the use and value of information provided.
- Develop product feature prototypes based on datasets to iterate designs and explore data with product development team
- Communicate results to higher education clients in a variety of departments and programs.
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, Education, or equivalent required
- 2+ years of full-time experience working in higher education in a student/academic success, institutional research, or service role
- Experience with higher education assessment of student learning or program evaluation
- Advanced knowledge of research methods and data management – quantitative and qualitative methods, descriptive and inferential statistical analyses, predictive analytics, data structures, results interpretation, research ethics, and research documentation
- Advanced knowledge of higher education – standard data definitions, student learning and development theories, assessment methods, retention strategies, and the organization and activities of colleges and universities
- Advanced skills with data analysis tools (e.g., SPSS, Excel, and Tableau) as well as programming ability
- Applied research skills – ability to translate practical questions into research projects, develop the methodology to conduct the research and analyze the data, and provide results that answer the questions
- Ability to travel to conferences or campuses as needed
- Working knowledge of data structure and modeling
- Strong communication skills, verbally, in writing, and presentation
- Demonstrated proficiency in technology and data analysis
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, organized and proven time management skills
- Master’s or Doctorate in technical/field discipline strongly desired.
- Strong understanding of statistical principals
- Experience with higher education systems, such as learning management or online homework systems, assessment systems, student information systems, etc.
- Experience with analytical programming languages such as SQL, R, Python, or Java
- Experience with CRM or purchasing systems, such as Salesforce
This role is a Regular full-time role. Regular full-time and qualifying part-time employees and their dependents are eligible for Macmillan benefits, effective on the employee’s date of hire. Macmillan also offers health benefits coverage to qualifying same sex and opposite sex domestic partners (may require additional documentation) of active employees. Our competitive benefits include: Paid Time Off, Sick Time, Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k Matching, Employee Assistance Program, Educational Assistance Plan, and much more!