Apply online https://employment.msubillings.edu/postings/3739
This position is OPEN UNTIL FILLED. The closing date listed is a guideline, not a deadline, however applicants who apply before the closing date above may have review preference.
Finalists for this position will be subject to a criminal background investigation prior to an offer of employment being extended. Finalists will be sent an email, at the email address listed on their application materials, with further instructions for completing this process.
Montana State University Billings (MSUB) will only consider applicants for this position who are authorized to work in the US. MSUB will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
The Research Analyst provides statistical analysis, survey design, and assessment support to the MSUB Community. Specifically, the Research Analyst will:
- Perform statistical analyses in support of planning and University initiatives
- Assist with survey development following best practice survey design principles
- Implement institutional assessment projects including assessment of student engagement and satisfaction
- Collect, maintain, summarize, and present assessment results to diverse institutional constituencies
- Provide data and statistical support for Department of Education Title III grant student success initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three (3) years of data analysis experience in a professional setting, with increasing responsibility for project management, independent decision making, and progressively more complex statistical analysis.
- Expertise with quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Expert knowledge of statistical analysis tools and software (such as Rapid Miner, SPSS, SAS, R, MS Excel).
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline.
- Five (5) years of data analysis in a professional setting, with increasing responsibility for project management, independent decision making, and progressively more complex statistical analysis.
- Experience in higher education or related setting
Montana State University Billings is a comprehensive public four-year higher education institution located in Montana’s largest population center, whose faculty is actively engaged in teaching, research, creative endeavors and public service. MSU Billings is unique in that it is one of a select few higher education institutions that also boasts an embedded two-year community college.The University opened in 1927 and was initially called Eastern Montana State Normal School at Billings and was established to prepare teachers for elementary schools in eastern Montana. MSU Billings has grown, with the city of Billings and Yellowstone County, into the major urban comprehensive higher education center of south central and eastern Montana. The University campus consists of four colleges: the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business, the College of Education and the College of Allied Health Professions. Seven miles west of the University campus sits City College at MSU Billings, which serves the comprehensive two-year mission of the university.
Benefits provided overview posted online http://www.msubillings.edu/humres/benefits.htm