Curriculum vitae and a statement of interest online by Friday, July 12, 2019 at: https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=117684&job=research-assistant-professor-neurology-and-rehabilitation
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- The Research Assistant Professor will be responsible for developing, managing, and implementing an independent research program in the PI lab.
- Serves as co-PI for all lab activities. These responsibilities include supervising, training and mentoring undergraduate students, graduate students, and technicians; managing & maintaining the mouse colony; ordering and managing lab supplies; facilitating, supporting, and implementing experiments towards lab research goals; developing and standardizing lab protocols and techniques; data collection and analysis; developing & implementing experiments for future grant applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience in developing and implementing experimental protocols to identify transcriptional and regulatory mechanisms disrupted in a disease mouse model for demyelinating peripheral neuropathy.
Knowledge in working a research program encompasses microarray analysis and bioinformatics, real time PCR analysis, primary neuronal and giial cell culture, cell-based assays, standard cell biology and molecular biology tools.
The Department of Neurology and Rehabilitation Medicine at the University of Illinois at Chicago is seeking an outstanding researcher to join the department as a Research Assistant Professor. The Research Assistant Professor will provide leadership and oversight for the laboratories of two principal investigators in the Department of Neurology.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life, disability and AD&D insurance
- A defined benefit pension plan
- 403(b) and 457 tax-deferred retirement savings plans
- Flexible spending accounts
- Domestic partner benefits
- Adoption assistance
- Employee assistance program
- Paid holidays each year and floating holidays
- Vacation and sick time based on the policies for your appointment
- Tuition discounts for staff and children at any U of I campus and select other Illinois Universities according to current University policy