For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/YaleCareers-56070BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
Reporting to the Deputy Dean of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer, this position will primarily be responsible for leading efforts to determine the best methodologies to evaluate the office's trainings, programs and initiatives. Collect and report data, metrics and outcomes in the format that best advances and supports the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) mission and its stakeholders. The successful candidate will be integral in assuring that the office and its stakeholders' data, metrics and outcomes are packaged for national dissemination.
- Independently research which methodology is best equipped to evaluate each training, program and initiative.
- Independently develop and implement valid and reliable instruments to evaluate each training, program and initiative, which will include both qualitative (such as individual interview and or focus groups) and quantitative (such as survey design) methods.
- Independently complete statistical analysis and interpret data collected.
- Independently develop preliminary themes for qualitative data.
- Assist with the development of and independently maintain a database to house all data collected.
- Oversee and maintain demographic information, data and outcomes related to pipeline programs.
- Utilize appropriate application software to create reports for CDO, Chairs, Center Directors, University leadership and appropriate outside agencies. Working closely with the Director of Academic Analysis, serve as the office's point person in coordinating, managing and maintaining key data resources in support of efforts to advance workforce (faculty, staff) and learner (students, residents) diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Working closely with the Director of Academic Analysis to track the compositional diversity of the School of Medicine faculty, staff and learners (students, residents and fellows) including ranking, promotions, attrition, grant awards, salaries, and other parameters designated by the CDO.
- Independently write high quality draft reports that reflect advanced level analysis of collected data, which might include graphs, charts and other visuals for internal and external constituents.
- Work closely with the Deputy Dean and other office stakeholders to develop posters, abstracts and manuscripts for internal and external knowledge dissemination.
- Work closely with the Deputy Dean and other stakeholders on submission of applications for appropriate internal and external grants and other potential funding sources.
- Work closely with the Deputy Dean and other stakeholders as the subject matter expert to develop appropriate benchmarks, metrics and evaluation tools for the YSM diversity strategic plan that can be implemented at the department and center level.
- Provide oversight and management of all components of YSM Climate and Culture surveys.
- Educate key stakeholders about appropriate measurements and protocols to evaluate their diversity, equity and inclusion trainings, initiatives and programs.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Creation of qualitative and quantitative metrics for program evaluation.
- Statistical analysis of quantitative data and thematic interpretation of qualitative data.
- Researching, analyzing and summarizing data to create presentations and reports.
- Manuscript writing including developing graphs, tables and other visuals.
- Grant writing and IRB protocol.
- Preferred Education and Experience: Ph.D. preferred and experience working in academic institution. Experience with developing and analyzing outcomes of strategic plans and outcomes of culture and climate surveys.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/YaleCareers-56070BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.