Screening of applications begins on July 16, 2019.
Georgia Southern University seeks nominations and applications for the Director of Institutional Research. The Director serves as the University’s Chief Institutional Research Officer and as a university-wide leader for issues related to institutional data analysis, standards, and data governance. The Director works closely with senior leadership to provide data, analyses and recommendations to support strategic planning, institutional effectiveness, resource allocation and decision-making to help advance the University’s efforts in student success. Nominations should be submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coordinates the collection and dissemination of statistical analyses of relevant institutional data and key performance indicators including enrollment, retention, recruitment, and assessment.
- Serves as institutional key holder for IPEDS and coordinates institutional responses for external surveys.
- Performs advanced descriptive statistical analysis and data mining activities using available tools (SPSS, SAS, etc.) to interpret results and identify trends.
- Develops and validates predictive models for retention and enrollment.
- Collects, analyzes, interprets, and reports data and information for decision support.
- Develops and maintains standard operating procedures for data governance, collection and reporting processes to ensure data integrity.
- Assists with the administration and analysis of student, alumni, faculty, and staff surveys used to identify and improve organizational and institutional effectiveness.
- Master’s Degree
- Five or more years of related work experience
- Demonstrated experience with data analytics and visualization
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate findings to a variety of audiences
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Successful completion of background investigation prior to employment.
- Doctoral Degree
- Progressively responsible experience in institutional research conducting analytical studies in higher education
- Experience with predictive analytics, the use of key performance indicators, and dashboards
- Experience with Banner as a student information system
- Expertise in analytical/statistical software applications (SPSS, STATA, etc.)
- Experience using national-level datasets such as IPEDS and National Student Clearinghouse
Georgia Southern University is the state’s largest and most comprehensive center of higher education south of Atlanta. With 141 degree programs at the associate's, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels, Georgia Southern has been designated a public Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution and serves over 26,400 students from all 50 states, Washington D.C., and Puerto Rico as well as 102 nations. With three vibrant campuses — the Statesboro Campus, the Armstrong Campus in Savannah and the Liberty Campus in Hinesville — Georgia Southern offers an attractive campus environment that encourages learning, discovery and personal growth. Georgia Southern’s nationally accredited academic programs prepare diverse scholars for leadership and service as world citizens. A unit of the University System of Georgia, the University boasts 200-plus student organizations, outstanding Division I athletics, and state-of-the art residence halls and campus facilities.
Since 1906, the University’s hallmark has been a culture of engagement that bridges theory with practice, extends the learning environment beyond the classroom, and promotes student growth and life success. Central to the University’s mission is the faculty’s dedication to excellence in teaching and the development of a fertile learning environment exemplified by a free exchange of ideas, high academic expectations, and individual responsibility for academic achievement. Faculty, staff, and students embrace core values expressed through integrity, civility, kindness, collaboration, and a commitment to lifelong learning, wellness, and social responsibility.