Assistant Provost for Academic Data and Decision Support
The Assistant Provost for Academic Data and Decision Support (Assistant Provost) will be responsible for the analysis of institutional and external data to support academic planning, academic program assessment, and external reporting. Working in partnership with the senior officers with oversight of Undergraduate, Graduate, Diversity, Faculty, and Research portfolios, the Assistant Provost will actively collaborate with the University Office for Institutional Research (OIR) and Information Services and Technology (IS&T) to guide the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data related to the academic mission and activities of Boston University. The incumbent will represent the Office of the Provost in developing data-based strategies for assessing academic quality, institutional outcomes, measuring institutional performance against strategic plan goals, comparative analysis with peer institutions, conducting regular and ad-hoc studies, and reporting to campus constituencies and external agencies.
- Minimally, MA/MS in social science, education, business, statistics or other field requiring quantitative research methods; PhD preferred.
- Ability to design and create reports to summarize aggregate data that are visually attractive and easy to understand.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately use descriptive and analytic statistics.
- Facility with office software, data analysis software, academic management platforms, survey administration software, and web-based enterprise systems including, for example, MicroStrategy and PowerBI). Willingness/ability to learn new software.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Supervision experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, take initiative on and manage concurrent projects, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive or personal information.
Boston University is a leading private research institution with two primary campuses in the heart of Boston and programs around the world.
Health Insurance, retirement savings, commuter benefits, tuition remission, etc.
Application Due Date: 2019-08-23
Job Start Date: 2019-09-02
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Institution: Boston University
Reports To: Associate Provost for Graduate Affairs
Staff # Reporting to Position: 1
Reports In Office: The Office of the Provost
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.
View All Jobs by Posting Date Post a Job