- Apply at: https://jobs.ncat.edu/postings/18394
- You must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application.
- Applicants seeking Veteran’s Preference must attach a DD 214 form. Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty with your application during the process of applying to the job posting.
- Final candidates are subject to criminal and sex offender background checks.
North Carolina A&T State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
- Statistical analysis and predictive modeling: Lead or participate in analytical projects to help inform decision-making processes at various levels, using appropriate statistical methods. This includes, but is not limited to, collaborating with various stakeholders (e.g. directors, faculty, and administrators) to understand their needs, conducting analyses, recommending the best solutions or courses of actions, clearly communicating results, and bringing to awareness any limitations in the data and analyses.
- Maintains proficiency and continuously develops expertise in new developments in the data mining domain including methods, tools, and software.
- Reporting, program review, and SACSCOC accreditation support: Complete external surveys, handle ad-hoc data requests, provide reports and analysis to support program review and accreditation.
- Lead projects, including creating project scope and ensuring timeline and specifications are met for assigned data projects.
- Assure that policies and procedures related to data security are strictly enforced.
- Document work processes and write reports in a coherent and concise manner.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Data Analytics, or a related quantitative field.
- Demonstrated experience in statistical analysis and predictive modeling (hypothesis testing, time series analysis, regression, analysis of variance, factor analysis, predictive modeling using decision trees, regression, or neural networks…)
- Proficient with programming/scripting in one of the following packages: SAS (SAS Base, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Miner), STATA, Python, or R. Willing to learn a new programming language, if need be.
- Possessing reasoning skills and creative thinking that can propose a variety of ways to look at problems using statistical analysis/data mining and at the same time aware of potential fallacy and limitation in data/analysis.
- Excellent communication skills and an effective team player in a dynamic environment.
- Self-starter and motivated individual with a “can-do” mindset.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Advanced degree (master’s or doctoral).
- Proficient with SAS (SAS Base, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Miner) or Python.
- Experience with time series analysis.
- Experience working at a higher education institution and understanding of how analytics can help drive a university forward.
The primary purpose of this position is to be responsible for delivering data, analysis, and information to support strategic decisions. He/she leads and determines the logical flow and execution of a project. Duties include discovering knowledge through data analysis, reporting, and data management and validation, using various software packages. In addition, ability to communicate effectively, work independently as well as in a team with a results-oriented approach, create and maintain collegial working relationships with customers and co-workers, contribute a positive and inclusive work environment, and serve as a productive team member is expected.
Salary commensurate with experience.
NC A&T offers a full range of benefits. Visit here for more details: https://www.ncat.edu/hr/benefits/index.html
This is a state position. We do not offer H-1B or green card sponsorship.