Responsible for both predictive analytics and historical reporting structures. Utilizing both Microsoft and SAP business intelligence (BI) tools, assignments include predictive analytics, data-mining, quantitative and qualitative research and the publication of both ad hoc and recurring state and federal reports.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Conducts independent research, data analysis and visualized reporting. Identify potential data sources that will allow analysis and provide interpretable and meaningful results.
- Creates and optimizes data models for reporting and analysis using: multidimensional models and combining multiple data from different sources.
- Provides recommendations on strategic improvements based on analysis and findings.
- Create analytical solutions to forecast key performance measures.
- Generates Federal and State regulatory reports.
- Utilizes data from ERP system as well as other internal and external data sources to collect and evaluate national, state and local data trends.
- Presents findings utilizing various forms of media.
- Ensures data integrity and develops data sets for use in reporting and analysis.
- Familiar with various quantitative and qualitative analysis methods.
- Collaborates with Grants department for research studies and projects.
- Defines, analyzes, plans and implements solutions to improve operational efficiencies.
- Provides technical support as well as training on new or existing system techniques.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders and coordinates research efforts with various departments.
- Provides functional support to other areas that develop reports.
- Performs related duties and other supporting tasks as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience required. 2-3 years of experience in the use of reporting software using various BI tools such as SAP Web Intelligence, Power BI, Power Pivot, and DAX; or a combination of advanced Excel and SQL techniques preferred.
- Experience in survey development and/or market research, utilizing various survey platforms preferred
- Experience with methods of planning and conducting studies and designing reports.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including methods of presenting data via multi-media and web publishing.
- Experienced with research design, data evaluation, and database management with applicable higher education institutional research preferred.
- Computer based management information systems, such as data warehousing and data queries through system applications and/or SQL preferred.
- Affordable health insurance coverage - medical, dental, and vision
- Opportunity for flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Generous retirement plan, depending on position, may include:
- Participation in Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI) defined benefit plan, or
- Mandatory employee contribution of 7.16% of earnings
- Employer contribution of 11.94% of earnings
- Participation in the Optional Retirement Plan
- Mandatory employee contribution of 6.97%
- Employer contribution of 11.86% of earnings with 100% immediate vesting
- Employer covered life and disability insurance
- Additional employee, spouse, and dependent life insurance available for purchase
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- CWI tuition reduction for employees, spouse, and dependents (restrictions apply)
- Reciprocal agreements with other Idaho colleges and Universities (restrictions apply)
- Vacation accrues at the rate of 16 hours per month (240 hour maximum)
- Sick Leave accrued at a rate of 8 hours per month
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Employee discount programs from many local businesses