This position is responsible for research and analysis activities associated with collecting, processing, and disseminating institutional information. Routine duties include preparing responses to surveys, entering data into data collection systems, scheduling and coordinating production jobs with the Computer Services Division, preparing routine and on demand statistical reports, preparing information for updating the Institutional Research fact book and website, and maintaining appropriate schedules and documentation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage all program data, including data collection, data management, analysis and reporting for NashGRAD program.
- Develop and design the NashGRAD database applications to meet program and administrative needs for the planning and assessment of program priorities and goals.
- Refine and manage ETL jobs and stored procedures to pull, transform and load academic and administrative data into NashGRAD database.
- Supports institutional planning and reporting by manipulating existing institutional historical datasets, particularly the 14th day datasets, in response to specific reporting requests.
- Assists in preparing data for transmission to TBR and THEC.
- Assists in gathering and analyzing tracking data used to measure progress toward institutionally defined goals.
- Assists in developing appropriate data systems to support institutional planning and policy-making procedures.
- Assists in maintaining databases necessary for making forecasts, planning and evaluating institutional growth, effectiveness and long-range planning.
- Assists in developing an annual institutional fact book for internal and external users and web page update.
- Assists in gathering, analyzing, verifying, and entering data into data collection systems such as IPEDS, Kansas Study, National Benchmark, and Petersons.
- Related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Two to four years of related experience required.
- Computer skills with expertise using software packages.
- Experience in data management with a strong background in relational database design and knowledge of SQL Databases (Microsoft Access, Oracle database,
Microsoft SQL Server).
- Experience with Argos Enterprise Reporting and Banner.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers and views.
- Competence in the areas of relational data structures, theories, principles and practices.
- Ability to analyze, summarize, and present data clearly, concisely and in appropriately useful forms to various constituencies.
- Critical thinking skills to identify the underlying principles, motivations, reasons, or facts by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, are essential for this position with an ability to translate technical issues for a non-technical audience.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with students, other employees, federal and state agencies, and the general public.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in institutional research.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledgeable of goals, objectives, and operations of the college.