If you want to make a difference with a company breaking barriers and challenging the norm, then ACE is the place for you! If you are qualified and interested please complete the application process in the link provided: https://www.ace.edu/about/careers
Reporting to the Asst. Director of Institutional Analytics, the Reporting Analyst provides analytical support for the mission and strategic initiatives of the college. The analyst’s responsibilities include data analysis, data visualization, and reporting that informs planning, decision-making, analytical studies, and assessment. Key responsibilities include creating and supporting data visualizations in Power BI (e.g., dashboards, reports, etc.); analyzing structured, semi-structured, and unstructured datasets; and recommending data-informed actions to constituents across the institution.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, implements and supports data dashboards and reports using Power BI, SSRS, SQL and other similar tools and languages.
- Assists with compliance reports, accreditation requirements and other regulatory data submissions.
- Assists in providing data in response to standard and ad hoc requests.
- Partners with subject matter experts in various departments to define project requirements.
- Performs data validation and testing on all new reports and provides user training as needed.
- Works with outside vendors to complete reporting projects and initiatives.
- Supports institutional reporting to external and internal stakeholders.
- Assists with data mapping from the Visualization platform and source data.
- Assists in troubleshooting end-user issues in conjunction with IT team.
- Acquires data from primary or secondary data sources and maintains databases/data systems.
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Best Practices & Core Competencies:
- Solutions-oriented Data & Power BI specialist with proven expertise analyzing educational or similar datasets.
- Demonstrates self-reliance by meeting/exceeding workflow and quality expectations.
- Follows established processes as outlined by manager and team members.
- Capable and adapts, as needed, to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and works well with other department personnel.
- Ability to retrieve, analyze, and present data in meaningful formats (tables, charts, graphs) to various audiences.
- Ability to identify business needs and develop valuable solutions to drive data accuracy and process efficiency.
- Must support and embrace the College’s B Corp mission to improve the people and communities we serve through our civic engagement initiatives.
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Must be "self-motivated" as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
- Strong analytical, communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Recognizes and anticipates organizational needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Experience in data modeling, analyzing requirements, planning, designing and implementing solutions.
- Experience with design, development and implementation of Power BI Dashboards, Scorecards & KPI Reports.
- Experience in monitoring and maintaining the data warehouse extracts & transformation using Azure Data Lakes
- SSRS, SQL or other similar tool/language experience is highly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Experience working with technical contractors.
- 1-3 years of experience analyzing educational, financial, operational, or regulatory datasets.
- Experience in higher education is preferred.
ACE prides itself in being a socially responsible college. To that end, our tuition is deliberately kept low to fit within a working professional’s budget. Our programs are often one-third the cost of comparable programs without sacrificing quality, because we believe that all practicing professionals deserve the chance to further their education without debilitating student loan debt. A majority of our alumni are able to graduate debt-free.
In late 2016, ACE reincorporated as a Benefit Corporation, and became a Certified B Corp. B Corps are a new type of company that uses the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. American College of Education is certified by the non-profit B Lab to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We’ve evaluated how our practices impact our employees, our community, the environment, and our students.
At American College of Education, we believe that the best learning environment for students and staff is one in which we encounter viewpoints and experiences that are different, yet complementary to ours. This environment is fostered by the presence of persons with diverse backgrounds. While a necessary precondition, diversity is in and of itself, insufficient. To create and maintain a truly inclusive learning community, we must strive to make all feel equally valued. We may celebrate diversity, but we "live" inclusion.
American College of Education wants to be students’ first choice for online programs in education and healthcare, as well as programs leading to initial teacher licensure, and we need outstanding professionals to make it happen. We look for people who can maintain our commitment to education excellence and build ACE with high-quality, low-cost degree programs.
Providing the education that professionals need to improve their practice gives ACE employees the opportunity to improve their futures as well. American College of Education is an institution of higher learning with the same potential for higher earning you may expect to find at a major corporation. We offer competitive benefits, too. All of this is wrapped in a work environment that values you as an individual and enables you to enjoy a life beyond your career at ACE.