Applications must be submitted online through Arcadia's Human Resources portal to receive full consideration. Please do not email application materials to hiring manager.
For additional information and to apply, please visit: https://careers-arcadia.icims.com/jobs/ and submit a cover letter, resume and names and phone numbers of three professional references. Application review will begin immediately.
Posting will be removed from the website once we've established a sufficient talent pool for consideration.
Arcadia University seeks candidates of diverse cultural backgrounds and abilities. Arcadia University encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. All offers of employment are conditional based on successful completion of a background check.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with the University community, including academic and non-academic units.
- Collaborate with non-academic units on development and assessment of unit goals and outcomes.
- Support academic and non-academic units on accreditation of the University and of individual academic programs.
- Provide staff development programs for the University
- Co-Chair the University’s Institutional Effectiveness Committee, which provides ongoing work related meeting the Middle States Commission on Higher Education’s seven standards for accreditation.
- Chair Arcadia’s Data Stewards Committee, which is responsible for the definitions, integration, reliability, validity and maintenance of the University’s official data.
- Maintain data and documentation needed for public accountability and compliance and make them readily available to appropriate audiences.
- Contribute data and analysis needed for evidence-informed budgetary planning.
- Develop and implement strategic and operational OIRE plans.
- Direct the operations of the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness, including supervision of an analyst.
- Respond to proposals for OIRE projects in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the University Community to ensure channels of communication remain open, initiatives are coordinated and planned, and that provided services are meeting their needs.
- Deliver an annual report summarizing activities, accomplishments, and progress towards goals of OIRE.
- Conduct an annual performance review with any direct reports.
- Other duties as assigned in support of the university's missions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth skill in evidence-informed decision making in relation to assessment, accreditation, and budgetary decision making in a higher education setting.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Strong project management experience.
- Demonstrated evidence of increasing responsibilities in the areas of institutional research, assessment, accreditation, and evidence-based planning in an academic setting.
- Experience in strategic planning and tactical implementation for IR initiatives
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all campus constituencies
- Demonstrated success in team building, motivation and leadership
- Appropriate technical/professional qualifications or certifications
- Expertise in data visualization software preferred
- Strong oral, written and technical communication skills
- Ability to provide data in various presentation formats
- Knowledge of statistical processes, data analysis, and higher education reporting requirements
- Master’s Degree in an appropriate field.
- Five years of progressive experience