Reporting to the Director of Data Analytics and Campus Planning at Rutgers University-Camden, the Research Analyst designs, develops, and conducts reporting and statistical analyses to inform decision-making and facilitate strategic planning for the Camden campus. S/he develops appropriate statistical models to analyze data, while managing and maintaining databases. The research analyst completes work independently with broadly defined work objectives and limited review of overall results. S/he provides professional work that requires general to specialized knowledge of one or more fields and a solid understanding, use, and application of concepts, theories, principles, practices, terminology, and applied areas of specialization.
The individual in this position will be highly detail-oriented, a skilled problem-solver and technical analyst, experienced at data extraction across multiple platforms, and possess the ability to communicate data analysis to multiple constituents with various levels of data acumen. The Research Analyst will play a critical role in helping the Office of Data Analytics and Campus Planning maintain a strong culture of data-driven decision making at Rutgers University-Camden.
Bachelor's degree required and relevant professional research experience including data extraction across multiple platforms.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience working in a technical environment using programs including, but not limited to: SQL Developer (advanced SQL needed such as using multiple outer joins, nested sub-queries, case statements, etc.), SPSS, STATA, SAP Business Objects and Oracle Discoverer.
- Experience working with visual analytics and dashboard creation tools such as Tableau.
- Demonstrated advanced level skills in Microsoft Office Suite; all programs preferred with a focus on Access and Excel. Must be detailed oriented, highly organized and proactive.
- Strong technical and analytical skills as well as verbal and written communication skills are required as well.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Experience working in a higher education environment strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with relational database management systems, data warehouses, and student information systems; proficiency managing large data sets.
- Knowledge of SharePoint, dashboards, portals, etc.
Rutgers University-Camden is a diverse, research-intensive campus of 7,000+ students located in Camden, New Jersey, directly across the Delaware River from Philadelphia. The campus emphasizes civic engagement and was selected by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for its Community Engagement classification. The Washington Monthly chose Rutgers University-Camden as the #1 "Best Bang for the Buck" in New Jersey and #6 in the Northeast.
Application Due Date: 2019-09-13
Job Start Date: 2019-09-27
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Institution: Rutgers University–Camden
Reports To: Director
Staff # Reporting to Position: 0
Reports In Office: Data Analytics and Campus Planning
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.
View All Jobs by Posting Date Post a Job