1. Provide and facilitate outreach in the form of workshops, training programs, and forums relative to academic assessment.
2. Support general education assessment in conjunction with the college's general education committee.
3. Collaborate closely with faculty and assessment committees.
4. Support student affairs and academic affairs departments in assessing student learning.
5. Support administrative department assessment of functional effectiveness.
6. Support other activities in the office of planning and institutional research.
7. Support the process and workload as needed for CCNE, IABCE, CAEP, MSCHE, and other accreditations.
1. Bachelor's degree in educational measurement and evaluation, educational research and statistics, or a related field (social sciences, statistics, or a field with a focus on evaluation and assessment). Master’s degree preferred.
2. Minimum of 3 years of experience in higher education or other relevant experience.
3. Direct experience in assessment of learning outcomes — preferably in a higher education setting.
4. Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as possessing the ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
5. Demonstrated ability to be motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
6. Exceptional relationship building skills.
7. Demonstrated fluency in research and report writing, as well as oral and graphic presentations.
8. Experience in basic statistics, database/spreadsheet management, and data analysis.
9. Preferred experience designing and presenting workshops on assessment.
10. Experience in Institutional Effectiveness, Assessment, or Research with experience assessing student learning outcomes is preferred.
11. Familiarity with software solutions to help manage the assessment cycle is preferred.
Mount Saint Mary College was founded by the Sisters of Saint Dominic in 1959, but the Mount has been an academic presence here in Newburgh since 1883. The college's roots in education, and in the training of educators, go even further back to the 13th century and Saint Dominic.
We offer our students an affordable liberal arts education with strong academic undergraduate programs and three graduate programs. Our degree programs in business, education, the health professions, media studies, and the social sciences are linked to high career growth fields. Mount students excel in their chosen fields by selecting internships and study abroad experiences that add dimension and value to their education.