- Develops and maintains processes to support the transformation of data into information for decision-making.
- Extract and utilize data from various systems to support planning and institutional effectiveness.
- Responds to ad-hoc requests for information from internal and external entities.
- Collects, compiles, analyzes, and interprets data.
- Works directly with College personnel to support data gathering, analysis, visualization, and summary feedback in a manner that is efficient, timely, and professional.
- Designs and implements quantitative and qualitative research studies.
- Assists in the preparation of mandatory state and federal reports.
- Manages multiple projects, sets priorities, meets deadlines, and works independently.
- Follows procedures to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Provides training on accessing and using data and information for decision-making.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree or higher in mathematics, statistics, social science, computer/information systems, or related field.
Master's degree preferred. Experience involving data-driven analysis and visualization, institutional research or related experiences that require quantitative and qualitative analysis and mathematical skills. Preferred experience in a community college setting.
Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Excel, including functions, formulas, and pivot tables.
Experience with statistical software such as SAS or SPSS.
Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI.
Experience using tools such as Microsoft Access or Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
Demonstrated ability to analyze and summarize research into coherent reports for utilization in decision-making.
Knowledge of the general principles of developing and analyzing quantitative and qualitative surveys.
Knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics and interpretation of results.
Strong knowledge and experience in providing effective customer service.
College of the Mainland is a learning-centered, comprehensive community college dedicated to student success and the intellectual and economic enrichment of the diverse communities it serves. Our focus is on attracting, developing, rewarding, and retaining a diverse and engaged workforce committed to supporting our mission.
College of the Mainland will be a valued and vital community partner by enriching our community and preparing our students to thrive in a diverse, dynamic and global environment.
Student Success and Academic Excellence
Continuous Improvement and Accountability
Mutual Respect and Civility
Diversity and Inclusiveness
Innovation and Adaptability
Campus and Community Collaboration