To apply, please send a letter of interest, a resume or CV, and the names and contact information of three professional references to Lydia Ross at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled.
AEFP is an equal opportunity employer.
The executive director works closely with the elected board of directors and its executive committee to implement the strategic goals and objectives of the association. The executive director is responsible for all aspects of the association’s operations, including:
- Serving on the association’s executive committee and organizing board and executive committee meetings
- Managing the details and logistics of the association’s annual conference, including travel grant and conference subsidy programs
- Negotiating contracts on behalf of the association
- Communicating proactively with members about association activities and opportunities and responding to member inquiries
- Advancing the board’s strategic priorities related to increasing engagement with students, with early career scholars, and with policymakers and practitioners
- Managing AEFP’s year-round programming, including early career mentorship program, pre-doctoral fellowship program, pre-conference workshops, Community Groups, and other programs the board initiates
- Implementing a development strategy to support the board’s priorities, including grant writing and reporting
- Managing contracts with the publisher and managing editor of Education Finance and Policy
- Preparing the association’s budget for finance committee and board review, implementing the budget, and maintaining financial records
- Managing contracts with IT systems and serve as primary manager of all systems
- Maintaining official association records and maintaining and updating policies
- Supervising part-time AEFP staff members
The ideal candidate:
- Is familiar with the association, with education policy, with academic research, and with the evidence needs of the education policy and practice communities
- Has prior experience with the core functions of the role
- Can work effectively with the full range of our membership, including researchers in universities and research organizations, students, and policymakers and practitioners
- Has demonstrated experience with fundraising and development
This is a full-time position. The executive director can be located anywhere in the U.S.
The Association for Education Finance and Policy (AEFP) seeks a full-time Executive Director to assume primary responsibility for managing the association and its initiatives.
AEFP is a dynamic organization for researchers, policymakers, and practitioners tackling the most important education finance and policy issues of the day from early childhood to postsecondary and beyond. AEFP offers opportunities for members to engage around research that can inform education finance and policy decisions. Our interdisciplinary membership is committed to generating and communicating intellectually rigorous and practically useful knowledge. AEFP is a non-profit professional and academic association representing a variety of disciplines and perspectives.
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.