Applications will be processed in accordance with Article 9.3 of the CSU/CSUEU Memorandum of Understanding. Preference will be given to qualified individuals currently employed at CSU Stanislaus in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 except when it is determined that it is necessary to appoint outside applicants to meet the best interest of the campus by obtaining specialized skills and abilities not available from current employees.
Under general supervision of the Director of Institutional Effectiveness & Analytics, the Business Intelligence Analyst/Programmer works as a seasoned data/information management professional with a full understanding of data warehouse methodologies, reviews and resolves complex data issues, and provisions data in the ways that enable other analysts of Institutional Effectiveness and Analytics (IEA) and modern end users to practice such as visualization, advanced analytics, data prep, and self-service data access. This incumbent, along with other analysts of IEA, will interact directly with decision-makers across the University to streamline the decision-making process.
- Independently research, design, and develop logical data models for data analysis.
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends.
- Drive the design and development of a business intelligence platform.
- Use SQL and other Business Intelligence tools to analyze data and assist business leaders in their decision-making.
- Meet with key stakeholders from all University divisions and departments to gather, analyze and determine data and information requirements in support of the Data and Analytics roadmap, as well as business-as-usual requests.
- Assist business units with information in various delivery methods (e.g. canned reports, dashboards, self-service analytics tools, and data extracts).
- Provide security, integrity and validity to all data and reports
- Accountable for creating and maintaining information requirement repository, including all associated metadata.
- Create reports, dashboards, and documents to fulfill requirement repository, including all associated metadata.
- Create reports, dashboards, and documents to fulfill information requests.
- Document specifications for business intelligence reports, dashboards or other outputs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience: Three years of experience in business applications analysis, design, and programming for medium or large scale, multi-programmed computers.Preferred Qualifications:
- Three to five years of experience as a data analyst or programmer analyst with SQL proficiency and understanding of database and information models.
- Experience in data mining.
- Experience using business intelligence tools.
- Experience with relational database design, development & documentation.
- Experience with Excel and Power BI Stack.
- Experience with Data Visualization.
- Advanced in SQL and other programming languages.
- Demonstrated experience of understanding mid-level database, including proprietary and/or structured or open relational databases such as MS SQL.
- Design database systems and programs, which include access methods, access time file structures. Device allocation. validation checks, statistical methods, and security.
- Ability to ensure the integration of systems through the database structure.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve database and data problems.
- Ability to assist in data transfers or sharing of files.
- General knowledge of network configuration, programming, and protocols.
- Ability to provide database support in multiple hardware platforms and operating system environments.
California State University, Stanislaus serves the San Joaquin Valley and is a critical educational resource for a six-county region of approximately 1.5 million people. The University is fully committed to creating a culture of diversity and inclusion – one in which every person in the University community feels safe to express their views without fear of reprisal. Widely recognized for its quality academic programs, the University has 10 nationally accredited programs and 662 faculty members. 94 percent of full-time faculty holds doctorates or terminal degrees in their fields. The University offers 43 undergraduate majors, 16 master's programs, 7 post-graduate credentials, a doctorate in education and serves more than 10,000 students. New instructional facilities have been built for the unique pedagogy of professional programs, laboratory sciences and performing arts.
Stanislaus State continues to receive national recognition with its ranking as one of the best 384 colleges in the nation by The Princeton Review. The University was one of 12 public universities in the nation to be recognized by the American Association of State Colleges and Universities for demonstrating exceptional performance in retention and graduation rates. In addition, U.S. News and World Report ranks Stanislaus State in its top 10 among public universities in the West, while Washington Monthly honored Stanislaus State as the West’s No. 1 university for the money. Stanislaus State also is recognized as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) by the U.S. Department of Education.
Search for openings in IR, effectiveness, assessment, planning, and related fields at higher education institutions in the U.S. and abroad.