Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
- Collaborates across the institution to develop and complete short and long-term analytic and data reporting priorities. Manages processes for data and analytics requests that align with priorities, and communicates these processes effectively to requestors and stakeholders.
- Collects, researches, prepares, summarizes, and analyzes complex statistical data in preparation for generation of statistical and analytical reports and to support data driven decision making.
- Provides relevant, timely, and accurate institutional information to university administrators, the university community at large, and external agencies. .
- Develops, documents, and maintains processes and procedures for institutional data quality and integrity.
- Utilizes specified statistical software to analyze and interpret research data and make forecasts as appropriate to the individual position.
- Maintains appropriate records of research methods, processes and results.
- Analyzes, reviews, documents and develops data analytics processes and data structures to meet reporting needs for the University and provide data and analysis needed for strategic initiatives.
- Collaborates with, supports and guides other institutional department’s research projects. Partners with stakeholders to understand institutional behavior and how it effects institutional performance outcomes.
- Responds to external and internal requests for data.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
- Two years of professional full-time experience in an academic setting extracting, analyzing, and reporting data.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, statistical software, research tools and databases.
- Experience with relational databases and statistical/reporting software.
- Experience with Banner, Workday, or related student information system.
Located in Southwest Florida between the Florida Everglades and the Gulf of Mexico, Florida Gulf Coast University offers an exceptional environment for learning. Half of our 800 acres is preserved or restored nature. Our campus and region serve as a living laboratory where life-enhancing discoveries are made. We're an incubator for entrepreneurs who fuel economic development and a cultural resource that enriches life on and around campus. Our sports teams energize the entire region.
With more than 1,400 full- and part-time faculty and staff employees, FGCU offers a robust benefit package including medical and dental plans, life insurance, a retirement program with tax-deferred investment options, tuition waiver for employees and their families, paid holidays, sick leave, vacation time and competitive salaries. Thank you for your interest in Florida Gulf Coast University!
(Flexible & Health Spending Accounts)
Basic Life Insurance
Optional Life Insurance
Spouse Life Insurance
Child Life Insurance
Short Term Disability Insurance
Term and Group Whole Life Insurance
Florida Retirement System (FRS) Pension Plan
Florida Retirement System (FRS) Investment Plan
State University System Optional Retirement Program (SUSORP)
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Tuition Voucher and Reimbursement Programs