You will be provided a confirmation of receipt when your application and/or résumé is submitted successfully. Please refer to “Your Application” in your account to check the status of your application for this position.
Application and/or résumé for this position must be submitted electronically by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date through the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Job Board/Recruitment Management System (RMS). Mailed, emailed, faxed, or hand delivered applications and/or résumés will not be accepted. Applicants who possess an Interagency Placement Screening Form (Yellow Form) or a Preferential Hiring Form (Blue Form) as issued under the Department of Human Resources Management (DHRM) Policy 1.30 Layoff (Commonwealth of Virginia Employees Only), must attach these forms when submitting their state application and/or résumé. The decision to interview an applicant is based solely on the information received for this position from either the electronic application and/or résumé. RMS provides a confirmation of receipt when your application and/or résumé is submitted successfully. Please refer to “Your Application” in your RMS account to check the status of your application for this position.
- In conjunction with other university administrators, lead the university’s strategic planning process and assess progress towards strategic goals and priorities
- Oversee assessment efforts for non-academic related functions and units
- Provide broad oversight of institutional research, data mining, data analyses, reporting, data narratives, and data-visualization
- Promote and integrate systems and platforms for institutional research, assessment, and policy
- Support planning efforts regarding resource allocation
- Work with various administrators to promote NSU’s imminence using data and information
- Other duties as assigned
- Earned master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- At least seven to ten years of progressively responsible academic and/or administrative experience in higher education or other organizational setting.
- Experience in the assessment of programs, departments, and operations in an organizational setting.
- Demonstrated exemplary leadership experience in administrative positions within a university or organizational setting.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across all levels of the institution and among internal and external NSU stakeholders, with attention to shared governance.
- Demonstrated ability to present information in a way that is accessible, clear, succinct, and innovative to all university constituents.
- Earned doctorate or other terminal degree from an accredited institution.
- Five (5) or more years of progressively responsible management and/or leadership experience in Institutional Effectiveness or Research Offices.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience managing or implementing strategic college-wide, operational, or departmental planning programs and initiatives at a college or university.
- Five (5) or more years working with SQL, and Tableau or related data analytics software for managing complex data sets related to higher education.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience presenting complex data to a wide variety of audiences, such as college leadership, faculty, staff, students, and the external community.
- The title of Assistant or Associate Vice President will be determined based on experience and qualifications.
Norfolk State University (NSU) is a comprehensive urban public institution located in Norfolk Virginia. As a top 20 Nationally Ranked Historically Black College/University (HBCU) founded in 1935, NSU leads Virginia’s public four-year institutions in the percentage of students who graduate in the following categories:
- Students from underrepresented communities/populations
- Students from lower-income households
- First Generation College Students
- Pell-Eligible Students
NSU is committed to transforming students’ lives through exemplary teaching, research and service. NSU offers a supportive academic and culturally diverse environment for all, empowering its students to turn their aspirations into reality and achieve their full potential as well rounded, resourceful citizens and leaders for the 21st century. NSU continues to achieve its mission and progresses on an upward trajectory towards advancing the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Higher Education Guiding Objectives and Initiatives.
NSU has a high percentage of both in-state and out-of-state students who remain in the Commonwealth of Virginia; therefore, NSU is a net importer of diversity into the Commonwealth of Virginia economy.
NSU is a national leader in educating students for careers in science and technology. Its MS degree in Cybersecurity is ranked by Forbes in the Top 20 Best Online master’s degree Cybersecurity Programs.
NSU is committed to access and maintaining affordability and reducing the costs of higher education and remains among the Commonwealth of Virginia’s four-year institutions with the lowest tuition rates.