• Determine performance, workflow, customer service, quality, and other business and operational standards to optimize the overall effectiveness of the team.
• Gather and analyze data using various software tools, including spreadsheets, data warehouse, statistical packages, and data visualization tools. Coordinate the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of information systems and predictive models for the support of data analytics and the University.
• Respond to ad hoc requests by conducting mini-research projects, writing reports, and presenting data to technical and non-technical audiences (including Directors, Deans, and Vice Presidents).
• Work as a team member to improve data definitions, data usage, data integrity and data accuracy. Assist in office documentation standards of all projects, including data files and computer applications developed for institutional effectiveness initiatives.
• Perform other job duties as assigned.
• Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Pro-active self-starter who has the ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); SPSS; R; Tableau; and SQL.
• Able to present complex information to senior administrators in a non-technical manner.
• Masters degree in public policy, economics, business, education, sociology, data science or statistics required.
• Doctoral degree in higher education, statistics, policy, economics, business or sociology preferred.
• Five years' experience in research design, data collection and retrieval, statistical analysis and reporting, and staff supervision or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Higher education experience, working with admissions, finance, enrollment, financial aid data and leadership of large data analysis and modeling projects.