The role oversees the planning, development, and production of all public reporting produced by the Research Center. They are responsible for advancing the research agenda for future publications to meet the existing and emergent needs of the field and to expand the potential research uses of Clearinghouse data as the Research Center grows its influence both internally and externally. They are attuned to distinct audiences and emerging research questions and maintains a robust professional network and schedule of presentations, media engagement and collaboration with the Clearinghouse communications staff. They work with executive leadership and other cross functional senior leadership in ensuring research and data integrity in all Clearinghouse research services and products by aligning the publications strategy with organization goals and providing analytical leadership in supporting the success of the National Student Clearinghouse. They build and manage Research Associates and Analysts, as well as collaborations with external research groups and individuals.
Currently, this position is 100% telework, however, as our company starts to return to our new normal, a hybrid work pattern, this position may be required to periodically work on-site at our office and the frequency would depend on the department/division's requirements. Therefore, candidates must either reside within a reasonable distance to commute to our office or be willing to travel to our office in Herndon, when required.
A full description of job duties is included on the Clearinghouse website: https://studentclearinghouse.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=2792259&
- Ph.D. or equivalent in a relevant subject area and 8 -10 years of research, data, and reporting experience. A combination of education and experience, including through military service, will be considered.
- 4 years of experience managing a diverse team.
- 3-5 years of experience with databases, data manipulation, and statistical software such as SAS, Stata, SPSS or R.
- Experience in use of data visualization and graphical display of information.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate with and develop insights from quantitative data.
- Demonstrated leadership in writing, producing and directing quantitative research publications in one of the following areas: Postsecondary and workforce connections, K-12 education, or postsecondary education.
- Excellent writing skills and public speaking experience.
- Expert level in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; Proficiency in other collaboration tools.
- Must live within a commutable distance to Herndon, VA or in one of the Clearinghouse's approved states for hiring purposes. Refer to our HR Policies Page, located on our Careers site at https://www.studentclearinghouse.org/careers/human-resource-policies/, for more details.
- Talented at the Management competencies:
- Making complex decisions - Demonstrated business acumen.
- Being flexible and adaptable - Positive and professional attitude with the demonstrated ability to adapt to a dynamic, fast paced industry.
- Building collaborative relationships and optimizing diverse talent – Demonstrated ability to develop and lead a team in a positive and professional manner with a proven track record of facilitating cross-departmental issue identification, problem solving, and resolution.
- Focusing on performance - Proven track record in leading programs to achieve goals and timelines.
- Proficiency in SAS.
- Experience working with large datasets.
Are you looking for more than just a job and want to make difference? If so, then join the National Student Clearinghouse talent community and discover your impact today!
We are a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization and the leading provider of educational reporting, data exchange, verification, and research services. Serving the education, workforce and learner communities has been at the heart of our mission for over 25 years. Our work — performed in a trusted, secure, and private environment — provides numerous time- and cost-saving benefits to students, schools, administrators, and requestors.
The National Student Clearinghouse provides a robust benefit program designed to help meet the needs of each employee and their family, both now and in the future. We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as life and disability insurance benefits, for employees and their qualified dependents. Health care, dependent care, and limited purpose flexible spending accounts, as well as a health savings account, are options available for employees to set aside pre-taxed dollars for certain qualifying expenses. We offer a very generous 401k matching contribution program with the opportunity to defer pre-tax and Roth contributions, as well as catch-up contributions for those who are eligible! We are proud to offer a competitive paid leave program consisting of vacation, sick, and personal time, as well as paid holidays. Vacation time will accrue based on length of service, and new full-time hires can accrue up to 13 days of vacation and up to 10 days of sick time per year. On an annual basis, new employees may use up to 32 hours of accrued sick time as personal time. Additionally, the Clearinghouse observes at least 11 paid holidays per year.
Another perk is that employees have the option to get reimbursed for basic wholesale company and roadside assistance memberships (e.g., Costco and AAA) and to request a buy back on portions of unused accrued vacation based on tenure and certain other qualifications. Employees can further their education and professional development by using our Employee Education Assistance Program, which establishes reimbursement for qualified education expenses upon successful completion of the program, and leveraging the enterprise-wide LinkedIn Learning subscription. There are additional employee benefits, to find out more, please request a copy of our complete benefit package!
We reasonably believe that the salary range for this position is between $135,000 to $190,000. Bonus eligible.