Interested and qualified applicants must apply online at https://bit.ly/3u17Hh8. In addition to completing the online application, applicants must include the following:
- A resume
- A cover letter (explaining your interest in the position).
Please use the additional documents feature as needed for these items and attach before submitting your application.
The division of Enrollment Management at University of Cincinnati is hiring a division-wide Data Reporting Analyst 2 to collaborate with all departments within the division. The person hired for this role will perform data analysis using various techniques, e.g., statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, and data mining to create high quality reports to be used for operational and executive level decision making within the division. Develop load plans using Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), or similar program, to quickly demonstrate new concepts, reports and dashboards; utilize reporting tools (i.e. OBIEE/OBIA) to build reports and dashboards.
The division of Enrollment Management at University of Cincinnati consists of the following: Admissions, Registrar, Bursar, Financial Aid, Enrollment Services, Orientation, and Advising & Academic Services. This individual will work with a data-liaison on each of these teams to better capture, interpret, and report on cross-divisional data, and serve as a guide in data analysis for all teams. The person in this role will focus on four specific areas of functional work for the division: analytics, data integrity, predictive modeling, and data visualization.
The position will offer the possibility for a hybrid work option for applicants with residence within the Cincinnati Tri-State Area. Hybrid work arrangements are subject to change in accordance with university policies.
- Work directly with clients to identify business requirements.
- Convert business requirements into developed reports.
- Develop reports and dashboards with limited supervision.
- Interpret results using a variety of statistical techniques.
- Guide business users on best practices.
- Capable of maintaining existing catalog with limited guidance.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- Six (6) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
- Two (2) years of business and/or ERP related experience.
- Basic knowledge of systems and database administration.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Experience in higher education, specifically within enrollment management (admissions, registrar, bursar, financial aid, etc.).
- Experience designing, maintaining and publishing dashboarding tools, such as Tableau.
- Experience in using statistical software such as SAS or SPSS, and familiarity with SQL.
- Two (2) years of experience in reporting, ETL processing and/or background in complex data analysis techniques.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation's best urban public research universities. Home to over 50,000 students, 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls "the most ambitious campus design program in the country."
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, nine straight years of record enrollment, global leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 Conference, UC's momentum has never been stronger. UC's annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
For questions about the UC recruiting process or to request accommodations with the application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range of $65,000 - $75,000 dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.